This city began as a few acres of land around Buffalo Bayou. Now the Houston-Woodlands-Sugarland metropolitan area spans ten counties and includes more than six million residents. City residents have strong ties to family and will want to be sure they have a Houston, TX life insurance policy in place to protect their loved ones in the event of their untimely death.
When shopping for a policy, you can contact an independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network for assistance. These agents can explain your coverage options, provide you with policy advice and a variety of competitive Houston life insurance quotes to compare. Contact a member agent near you today to learn more.
How Much Do Houston Life Insurance Policies Cost?
- Sample monthly premium for $500,000 of 20-year term life coverage for a 35-year-old female preferred risk non-smoker: $35.69
- Sample monthly premium for $250,000 of 20-year term life coverage for a 35-year-old female preferred risk non-smoker: $23.90
- Sample monthly premium for $500,000 of 20-year term life coverage for a 50-year-old female preferred risk non-smoker: $86.98
- Sample monthly premium for $500,000 of 20-year term life coverage for a 50-year-old male preferred risk non-smoker: $111.38
The prices listed above demonstrate how common factors like age, gender, and coverage amount may affect your Houston life insurance rates. They also represent rates for term life policies only. Permanent policies cost more, but provide additional benefits.
There are many different life insurance providers, so it pays off to shop around for the best deal for your unique situation.
Common Life Insurance Policy Types
There are different types of life insurance policies available and, for many, the decision about which type is the best option is a difficult one. The most common policy types are:
- Whole life insurance: It is considered permanent because it will stay active as long as you continue to make payments on your premiums. In addition, these policies have a monetary value and can be cashed in at any time, so many people treat them as investments or savings accounts.
- Universal life insurance: This is another form of permanent life insurance, but it is different from whole life. This type of policy has features that are adjustable, so policy owners can change their payments and coverage amounts as circumstances change.
- Term life insurance: This is considered temporary coverage, since the contract expires after a specified period of time, or term. These policies have no cash value. Term life insurance is popular because it provides a way to purchase a high amount of coverage at a low, affordable rate.
This quick summary just outlines the features of the most common and basic types of Houston life insurance policies. You will also be able to find additional options, variations and even hybrid policies that offer your family additional benefits. For example, you can choose to bundle coverage for your entire family in one policy. You might also add riders for other types of coverage like disability and critical illness. This can make getting different coverage much simpler.
Who Buys Houston Life Insurance?
Consider the following statistics:
- Percentage of Americans who do not believe they have enough life insurance: 39%
- Number of new life insurance policies purchased in the U.S. in 2009: 10,139
- Percentage of Americans aged 25 to 34 with life insurance: slightly more than 50%
- Percentage of Americans under age 25 with life insurance: 18%
Young adults are less likely to think about life insurance because they might not yet be responsible for a home and a family and therefore do not have a need for coverage. However, because it is much less expensive to lock in rates while you are still young and healthy, some young people choose to buy a policies early in order to plan for their futures.
Many companies also offer group life insurance benefits to their employees. While this insurance may seem sufficient for your coverage needs, remember that it will cease if you are laid off or switch jobs. A life insurance policy purchased on the private market will stay with you.
Compare Houston Life Insurance Quotes
Shopping for the right life insurance policy does not have to be difficult or time-consuming. A local agent in the Trusted Choice network can help you by providing advice, answering questions, and offering you a variety of competitive rate quotes.
When it comes to life insurance, procrastination is never a good idea. Lock in low rates and start building a financial life-line for your loved-ones today. Contact a Trusted Choice member agent near you and start comparing Houston life insurance quotes now.