This central Texas city is famous for the Alamo, great food, theme parks and the downtown River Walk. Some residents say that living in this historical but modern city is almost like being on vacation every weekend. If you make your home here, you can find the right San Antonio, TX life insurance right in the city.
Cost of San Antonio Life Insurance
- Example monthly premium for $250,000 of 20-year term life coverage for a 35-year-old female preferred risk non-smoker: $23.90
- Example monthly premium for $500,000 of 20-year term life coverage for a 35-year-old female preferred risk non-smoker: $35.69
- Example monthly premium for $500,000 of 20-year term life coverage for a 50-year-old female preferred risk non-smoker: $86.98
- Example monthly premium for $500,000 of 20-year term life coverage for a 50-year-old male preferred risk non-smoker: $111.38
These examples do not represent the offered rates from any particular insurer. They simply demonstrate that common factors like gender, age, coverage amount and the type of life insurance can dramatically affect your own rate quotes.
Other factors like your healthy lifestyle and general good health may earn preferred rates. You can also adjust your coverage amount, policy type, contract length and other factors in order to lower your premiums. A local agent can help you find the best San Antonio life insurance for yourself and your family.
Who Can Buy Life Insurance?
Do not be afraid to apply for life insurance just because you have a health issue. Many managed health issues, combined with generally healthy lifestyles, will help keep your rates on a par with the standard rates many companies charge. Few people fit the perfect profile of the couple featured in a life insurance advertisement, but most people can find San Antonio life insurance.
Basic Kinds of Insurance Policies
- Term life insurance: Term life insurance pays a benefit in the event of the death of the insured during a specified term. However, term insurance does not provide a cash value. Because it's usually the cheapest type of life insurance, many people prefer term insurance.
- Whole life insurance: Whole life insurance, a permanent type of life insurance, also pays a benefit on the death of the insured. Whole life may increase in cash value and can provide lifetime coverage.
- Universal life insurance: This type of permanent coverage is different from whole life because you can adjust some of its policy features and you can more easily separate the actual coverage (death benefit) from the cash value.
There is no one best type of life insurance or best insurance company for every person. Your own best choice will depend upon your health, age, budget and financial goals. In fact, the Texas Department of Insurance advises resident consumers to assess their own needs, enlist the aid of a financial professional if necessary and figure out which life insurance is best for them.
Term life is generally cheaper than other forms of insurance, allowing you to afford more coverage. Permanent policies cost more but may provide lifetime protection. A local agent can explain how different types of coverage will affect your individual circumstances.
Group and Individual Life Insurance Policies
- Americans aged 25 to 34 with life insurance: over 50%
- Americans under age 25 with life insurance: 18%
- Americans who do not believe they have enough life insurance: 39%
- Number of new individual policies purchased in the U.S., 2009: 10,139
If your employer offers you group life insurance, you may want to take the opportunity to get covered. On the other hand, you may like the advantages of an individual policy. For instance, you can find more insurance choices on the private market, and you can take your coverage with you if you ever change jobs or retire.
Find San Antonio Life Insurance Quotes and Plans
Shopping for the best policy at the best price can be a time-consuming and complicated job. An agent in the Trusted Choice network can do most of this work for you. Your agent can help you assess your needs and compare competitive policy types and price quotes from different insurance companies.