This west Texas border city provides plenty of opportunities to enjoy motorcycle riding. While the number of local bikers has increased in the last decade, so has the number of motorcycle accidents. It may be time for you to look into purchasing the best El Paso, TX motorcycle insurance to protect you from the risks you face on the road.
An independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network can help you find the right coverage for your needs and budget. These member agents can answer your questions and help you compare El Paso motorcycle insurance quotes. Contact one of these member agents right away to save money on great coverage.
Motorcycle Cost Estimates
- Average price of a new motorcycle, 2009: $12,304
- Liability insurance cost estimates for an adult with a good driving record: $200 - $400
- Full coverage cost estimate for an adult with a good driving record: $400 - $800
El Paso motorcycle insurance rates depend on many of the same things that affect any vehicle insurance. These factors include the owner’s age, driving history and home ZIP code. You can compare a handful of accurate price quotes in order to find out how much your own coverage should cost.
Motorcycle Insurance Discounts
There are also several ways to earn policy discounts with some insurers. These discounts could reduce your rates, so be sure to ask your agent about them in order to keep your insurance costs low. Here are some common factors that may help you qualify for discounts:
- Having a clean driving record
- Having low mileage
- Making prompt payments with automatic debits or in advance
- Taking an approved safety course
- Insuring your other vehicles or home with the same company
- Installing anti-theft devices
El Paso Motorcycle Insurance Requirements
- Minimum liability limits of 30/60/25, which provide coverage up to $60,000 for all persons injured in an accident, subject to a limit of $30,000 for one individual, and $25,000 coverage for property damage
- DPS motorcycle basic safety class
- Texas motorcycle license
- Texas motor vehicle registration
The Texas Off Highway Vehicle Program (OHV) also requires registration of off-road vehicles on public trails. If you don't drive your sport bikes, dirt bikes or choppers on public roads, your licensing and coverage requirements will differ from the requirements of those who have for street-legal motorcycles. You can speak with a local agent about appropriate coverage for racing and trail bikes too.
If you still owe money on your motorcycle, your lender may require comprehensive or "other than collision", and collision insurance. Even if you do not have an outstanding loan, you may choose to purchase additional coverage to protect your investment.
Basic Types of El Paso Motorcycle Insurance
- Collision: This insurance covers your own motorcycle and property.
- Medical payments: This insurance can help cover medical bills from an accident.
- Comprehensive: This insurance covers non-collision related damage to your property. Examples could include storms, theft or vandalism.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists: This insurance covers you in case you sustain injuries or damage due to an uninsured or hit-and-run motorist.
- Roadside assistance: This insurance is similar to belonging to a motor club. You can call for a tow, battery charge or flat tire fix.
- Property liability insurance: This insurance covers your legal responsibility for property damage to a third party after an accident you cause.
- Bodily injury liability insurance: This insurance covers your legal responsibility for bodily injury and subsequent medical payments to a third party after an accident you cause.
This may seem like a long list of insurance types. If you just need to purchase required liability insurance or want a full package of protection, you can work with a local agent to come up with a sensible and budget-friendly choice.
Compare El Paso Motorcycle Insurance Quotes
Finding the right coverage at the right price can be simple. A local agent in the Trusted Choice network can help you compare plans and prices from multiple insurers to be sure you get the best deal.