Over 60% of the residents of Alexandria, VA own their home. This charming city with a small-town feel has the most expensive homes in the state. Having a high-quality homeowners insurance policy is a smart purchase to protect your investment.
Chat with an independent insurance agent. They’ll help you easily find coverage at an affordable rate to protect your property and possessions.
How Much Is Homeowners Insurance Going to Cost in Alexandria, VA?
Homeowners insurance in Virginia tends to be lower than in the rest of the country.
- National average annual premium: $1,173
- Virginia average annual premium: $604
Of course, the price of your policy will depend on specific factors about you. The insurance company will make calculations based on your history. They’ll investigate things like:
- Your credit history: Your credit score will help the insurer decide your risk factor. If you have a higher credit score, you’ll pay a lower rate for insurance.
- Claims history: If you’ve made a recent insurance claim, this may affect your rate. But once enough time has passed, old claims become old news and will no longer affect your rate.
- Length of time insured: Some insurers will give a lower rate to those who have been with the same company for a longer period.
Insurance rates tend to be complex and can even be affected by unseen factors. An independent insurance agent will help guide you through the process and find discounts you may be eligible for.
What Does Your Homeowners Liability Insurance Cover in Alexandria, VA?
As a homeowner, you are responsible for keeping your property safe, even for trespassers. Basically, you’ll be held responsible if you are negligent in some way or have failed to make sure that your home and property are safe for visitors. So the liability portion of your insurance will protect you financially if you or another member of your household is legally responsible for damage to another person or their property. It can cover things like:
- The medical expenses of an injured party
- The cost of repairs to another person’s property
- The cost for legal defense if you are sued and an attorney must defend you
Your liability insurance will cover you up to a limit, and after that you’ll be responsible for covering the rest of the bill. Chat with an independent agent to find out if you should purchase additional coverage to protect your assets.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Property Crime in Alexandria, VA
- National burglary rate per 1,000: 3.76
- Alexandria burglary rate per 1,000: 0.80
Even with such a low crime rate, you never know when theft will happen. With a high-quality homeowners insurance policy, you won’t have to worry about the ‘If.’ You’ll be reimbursed quickly, so you can move on from this unfortunate situation.
Homeowners Risks in Alexandria, VA
Every year, Virginia is hit with many catastrophic and severe weather events that cause damage to people’s homes. Your homeowners insurance will provide coverage for destruction related to weather.
Catastrophic Events in Virginia
- Number of federally declared catastrophes since 1953: 67
- Most common catastrophe: floods, residential fires
- Number of tornadoes per year: 18
When a natural disaster occurs, your homeowners policy should be designed to replace or repair any damage. It’ll also provide protection for other personal belongings, structures and medical expenses. If your house becomes inhabitable, your rent will be covered while your house is fixed. Chat with an agent to find home coverage that will last.
Does Your Homeowners Insurance Protect against Flooding in Alexandria, VA?
Flooding is the most common risk for homeowners in Alexandria and, unfortunately, your homeowners insurance policy does not have coverage for flood damage. 20% of the city is mapped as a floodplain and is at high risk for flooding in any given year.
To protect your property and valuables, you’ll need to purchase a separate flood insurance policy. It will cover things like:
- Electrical and plumbing systems
- Refrigerators, cooking stoves, and built-in appliances like dishwashers
- Detached garages
- Cabinets, paneling, and bookcases
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Alexandria, VA?
Your home is probably the most expensive thing you own. It’s your place forrelaxation and shelter, so make sure you protect it with a high-quality homeowners insurance policy.
Chat with an independent insurance agent to find coverage easily. They work with several carriers to give you options you won't find anywhere else.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.