Washington D.C. has roughly 76,083 small businesses in existence. If you're one of them, the right protection is needed. Liability insurance can help your company avoid a major financial disaster.
An independent insurance agent can assist with policy and premium options that won't break the bank. Since they do the shopping for you at no additional cost, it's a no-brainer. Get connected with a local expert to start saving today.
What Is Liability Insurance Coverage?
Your Washington D.C. business will have multiple insurance policies that could apply. The types of liability insurance necessary will depend on your exposures. In essence, all liability policies will have the same foundational coverages.
- Liability insurance: Will pay for a lawsuit arising out of bodily injury, property damage, and libel or slander. It can be obtained for business and personal use.
What Is Commercial General Liability Insurance?
If you own a company in Washington D.C., you'll need commercial general liability insurance. Your livelihood is on the line when you don't have adequate protection for a bodily injury or property damage loss as a business owner. Here are some claims where coverage could apply.
- A customer slips and falls on your premises
- A building catches on fire
- A product is improperly installed, causing a water loss
What Is Professional Liability Insurance?
If you are in an advisory role, you may need professional liability insurance. When your business is known for consulting in any form, you could be on the hook for misinformation. Some industries where professional liability applies in Washington D.C. are as follows.
- Real estate agent
- Insurance agent
- Financial adviser
- Business broker
- Business consultant
What Is Employment Practices Liability Insurance Coverage?
Employment practices liability insurance will protect your Washington D.C. business from a lawsuit made by an employee. When you have a team, there are numerous policy options you'll have. Check out what is covered.
- Employment practices liability insurance or EPLI: Pays for a lawsuit filed by a disgruntled employee due to discrimination or sexual harassment in some form.
What Is Liability Coverage on Home Insurance?
In Washington D.C., your homeowners insurance automatically comes with liability protection. The amount it covers up to will depend on your preselected limit. Take a look at some instances where liability protection could apply.
- A guest or trespasser injures themselves on your property
- Your tree falls and damages your neighbor's roof
- You have a pool party, and a guest drowns
What's the Difference between Full Coverage and Liability Insurance?
Your Washington D.C. business's commercial auto policy will come with two options. One is full coverage, and the other is liability only. Commercial auto insurance comes standard with liability already, making anything additional extra. Take a look at the difference.
- Liability only insurance: This is just liability coverage at the amount preselected for your auto policy. It will pay for bodily injury per person, per accident, and property damage of another party.
- Full coverage insurance: This will include additional coverages that protect you on the road. Things like comprehensive, collision, towing, and more are among the optional coverages you can select.
How a Washington D.C. Independent Agent Can Help
If you're looking for adequate protection in Washington D.C., there are several options. Your commercial coverage is essential to running a smooth operation. Liability insurance is one policy that is necessary no matter what your industry is.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can help with coverage and premium options that fit your budget. They do the shopping for you so that you can relax. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice.com today.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.