Birthplace of General Thomas J. Stonewall Jackson, and nationally recognized as a historic city, Clarksburg is a site to see. A population of 15,621 makes it a quaint town to call home.
When you own a car in the city of Clarksburg, you'll need adequate protection. An independent insurance agent can help you find a policy that works. You can connect with a local expert to begin your search today.
Why Your Minimum Limits in Clarksburg, WV Are Not Enough
Clarksburg, WV, requires car insurance to use its roadways. When all you have is state-minimum limits, you could be at risk. Check out the required auto insurance for Clarksburg, WV:
- A minimum liability of $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident/ $25,000 property damage.
With the average cost of a vehicle being over $36,000, minimum limits will barely cover one claim. To have enough protection, speak with a trusted adviser. A Clarksburg independent agent can help.
Your Clarksburg, WV Car Policy May Not Have the Coverage You Think
Car insurance comes standard with minimum limits of liability. Everything else you'll need to add. If you want coverage for vehicles, medical payments, and more, get with a professional to discuss. Check out some options:
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your car loan's remaining balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it hits an unavoidable obstruction or is damaged by a non-collision event such as a fire or vandalism.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver.
- Umbrella insurance: This is a separate policy that will add an additional layer of liability protection for a larger claim.
With the national percentage of uninsured drivers at 13.0% and West Virginia's at 10.1%, you'll need coverage. When you're involved in an accident, protection for your expenses is necessary. An independent agent in Clarksburg can do a full policy review.
How to Save Money on Your Clarksburg, WV Car Insurance
Car insurance is unique and to your specifications. Because the carriers use personal data to rate your policies, there are some ways you can improve your pricing. Check out rating factors the insurance companies use below:
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- The coverages you choose
- Local crime rates
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your driving record
While local crime is outside your control, you can do other things to help improve your costs. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- West Virginia average: 139.50
- Clarksburg average: 138.10
An agent may suggest bundling your auto and home insurance to get discounts. A carrier will award up to 30% or more in savings when you have all your coverage with the same company. Get with a Clarksburg independent agent on more ways to cut costs.
Are Rideshare Services Insured under Your Clarksburg, WV Auto Policy?
Contrary to popular belief, personal auto insurance will not cover rideshare or for-hire livery services. That means if you drive for Uber or Lyft, you're likely to be without coverage. An independent agent can help evaluate your risk and find a policy that works for you.
You'll need to start with a commercial auto policy to have adequate protection. This insurance will supply coverage for your exposure as a business. Contact a Clarksburg independent agent about your commercial insurance.
How to Work with a Clarksburg, WV Independent Insurance Agent
If you're searching for the right Clarksburg car policy, an independent insurance agent can help. They have options on coverage and price because they work with several carriers. Since an independent agent does the shopping on your behalf, you can relax.
A local adviser costs you nothing and can find the best deals in town. Go to TrustedChoice if you want to connect with one of the 109 local experts in West Virginia. You can access the find-an-agent tool and connect with an agent in minutes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.