Morgantown is home to West Virginia University and full of students. When you're part of this college town, you'll join one of the 30,547 residents who live here.
In order to drive the academic streets, you'll need car coverage. An independent insurance agent can help you find a policy that fits. Connect with a local adviser to begin your search for a reliable policy.
Ways to Save on Your Morgantown, WV Car Insurance
Car insurance is personalized to each individual. Carriers use several factors when deciding your costs. An independent agent can help you decipher which you can improve to lower your rate. In the meantime, here are some rating factors the insurance companies look at:
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- Local crime rates
- The coverages you choose
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your driving record
While you can impact part of what makes up your premiums, you won't have control over and crime. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- West Virginia average: 139.50
- Morgantown average: 94.00
Another way to save is to bundle your auto and home insurance with the same carrier. This will give you an average savings of 30% or more. When you want the best policy for a low cost, contact an independent agent for quotes.
Does Personal Auto Insurance Cover Uber Drivers in Morgantown, WV?
If you're a college student trying to make some extra money by driving for Uber, you may not be covered. Your personal auto policy will exclude rideshare and for-hire livery services. This means Uber and Lyft.
In order to have adequate protection, commercial vehicle insurance is necessary. It will provide coverage for business exposures while you are transporting passengers. Connect with a Morgantown independent agent to go over your commercial insurance.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Is Your Morgantown, WV Car Insurance Missing Coverages?
Your car insurance policy will automatically come with liability insurance. All other coverages you'll need to add. Optional limits can be reviewed with a local independent agent. Check out some options you can discuss with an adviser:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. There are 13.0% uninsured drivers in the US and 10.1% in West Virginia.
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your car loan's remaining balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it hits an unavoidable obstruction or is damaged by a non-collision incident such as fire, a hailstorm, or vandalism.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged
Another form of coverage you can discuss is umbrella insurance. This is a separate policy that goes above and beyond your auto policy. It will apply when your underlying insurance has been exhausted. Speak with a Morgantown independent agent for quotes.
The State-Mandated Coverage in Morgantown, WV May Not Be Enough
When you live in Morgantown, WV, you're required to carry car insurance by law. To avoid penalties or worse, use a professional adviser. Check out the required auto insurance for Morgantown, WV:
- A minimum liability of $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident/ $25,000 property damage.
When you're only mandated to have state minimum limits of liability, you barely have enough coverage for a loss. If an average claim occurs, you could have to pay out of pocket. Contact a Morgantown independent agent to review your limits.
How an Independent Insurance Agent in Morgantown, WV Can Help
If you're trying to DIY your car insurance, you could be missing key coverages. When you work with an independent insurance agent, they do all the shopping for you at zero cost. They have access to several markets, giving you options on policy and premium.
To save big on car insurance, you'll need to have a professional in your corner. You can connect with one of the 109 local experts in West Virginia on TrustedChoice. They have a find-an-agent resource to help.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.