Wheeling, WV, became known for iron nails. Nicknamed "The Nail Capital of the World," this town has a lot of history. There are over 27,066 residents that make this charming city mid-sized.
When you drive these historic streets, you'll need car coverage. Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can help with a policy and rates. Connect with a local adviser easily to begin your search for a reliable policy.
State Minimum Limits in Wheeling, WV May Not Be Enough
Wheeling, WV, requires car coverage at the regulated limits to use the roadways. Similar to worker's compensation insurance, you'll be fined or worse without this mandated policy. Check out the required auto insurance for Wheeling, WV:
- A minimum liability of $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident/ $25,000 property damage.
The minimum limits above will barely be enough to cover an average loss. When an accident occurs, and you need the right policy, connect with an expert. An independent agent can help you find coverage for a low price.
Will Your Wheeling, WV Car Insurance Cover Uber Driving?
If you're looking to drive for Uber or Lyft to make some extra cash, you may not have coverage. Personal auto insurance excludes rideshare or for-hire livery services. This means Uber and Lyft services would not be insured.
Fortunately, you can get a commercial auto policy to cover your risk. This policy will provide insurance for business operations and exposures. Connect with a Wheeling independent agent to discuss your commercial insurance.
How to Save Premium on Your Wheeling, WV Car Policy
Your car insurance rates are personalized to you. Carriers will use your data to determine your costs. An independent agent can show you ways to save on insurance. In the meantime, here are some rating factors the companies look for:
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- Local crime rates
- The coverages you choose
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your driving record
Some items you will have control over, while others you will not. Local crime is an area that you can't change, but it impacts your pricing. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- West Virginia average: 139.50
- Wheeling average: 78.20
Your agent may suggest bundling your auto and home insurance for additional savings. When your coverage is with the same carrier, you'll get a 30% discount or more. Speak with a Wheeling independent agent for more ways to cut costs.
Does Your Wheeling, WV Car Policy Have the Right Coverage?
There is one automatic coverage on your car policy, and that's liability insurance. Everything else, you'll need to add. Fortunately, an independent agent can help. Check out some options you can discuss with an adviser:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. There are 13.0% uninsured drivers in the US and 10.1% in West Virginia.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it hits an unavoidable obstruction or is involved in a non-collision event such as a fire, hailstorm, or vandalism.
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged
When you need more than the standard auto policy provides, discuss umbrella insurance with an adviser. This coverage will provide additional liability above your primary limits. When a substantial loss occurs and maxes out your underlying policy, umbrella insurance will apply. Get with a Wheeling independent agent for quotes.
How an Independent Insurance Agent in Wheeling, WV Can Help
When you're trying to DIY car insurance, you could be missing key coverages. An independent insurance agent does the shopping for you at no cost. They work with several carriers, giving you options on coverage and price.
If you want to save time and premium dollars, get with an independent agent. You can connect with one of the 109 local experts in West Virginia on TrustedChoice. They have a find-an-agent tool that will match you in minutes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.