Wyoming is a large, wide-open state, full of outdoor enthusiasts. With so many state parks and recreation opportunities, it's no wonder that passionate outdoor individuals and families flock to the state.
If you live in Wyoming, you most likely know someone who owns and rides an ATV. Hitting the open trails can be exhilarating and fun, however, it's also dangerous. ATV accidents can cause serious injuries and death, especially in young people.
When it comes to ATV insurance, it's important to know where you will be riding. If your ATV will be ridden on any road, you will need to have liability insurance and a drivers license with you at all times. While there isn't a helmet law, you should always wear a helmet and safety equipment while riding your ATV. Additionally, having a fire extinguisher, first aid kit, extra gas, and extra water/sundries is also important for remaining safe on the trails. For those underage or beginner riders, a safety course is well worth the investment of time and money.
- There were over 100,000 ATV accidents during 2011.
- May-Sept are the months called "crunch time", when most ATV accidents occur.
- 33 percent of accidents occurred on paved roads.
- On average, 149 kids and 556 adults die as a direct cause of ATV accidents every year.
Riding ATVs in Wyoming is fun, however, it does come with an increased risk. In our litigious society, it's crucial to have an insurance plan in place, covering you and your ATV in case of an accident. Even a low-impact collision may end up costing you more than you can afford.
What Is ATV Insurance in Wyoming?
ATV insurance is a group of policies put together to offer you coverage from some of the most common risks that ATV riders in WY face. A typical ATV insurance policy in WY may resemble the following:
- ATV collision insurance: If you are involved in an ATV accident, this insurance can help pay for the damages - both yours and the damages of the other party - up to the policy limit
- ATV comprehensive insurance: This insurance, also known as "Everything but collision" covers you in case of fire, wind, rain, arson, and even theft.
- ATV bodily injury and property damage liability coverage: If property damage results from an ATV accident, or you or someone riding with you is injured, this insurance is designed to help cover those costs.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: With a large number of ATV owners without ATV insurance, chances are, if you're in an accident, the other party won't have insurance. If this happens, you may be stuck paying medical bills and repair bills out of your pocket. This coverage can help cover those costs.
- Medical payment coverage: If you're involved in an ATV accident and there are medical bills involved, this insurance can go to work to cover those.
- Equipment: If you have expensive equipment on your ATV, this insurance coverage is designed to cover those items.
What Types of ATVs Are Covered in Wyoming?
When you are searching online for ATV insurance quotes in Wyoming, it's important to know what types of ATVs are covered by ATV insurance. The list below is a general guideline of some of the most common types of ATVs that can be covered by insurance:
- Sport ATV
- Utility ATV
- Farm ATV
All of these, plus many more, are eligible for coverage with ATV insurance. It's always a wise idea to talk with an agent to get more specific information on coverage.
How Much Will an ATV Insurance Quote Be in Wyoming?
Since the risks you face are individual, your policy price will also be individual. When it comes to getting quotes on ATV policies in Wyoming, it's important to familiarize yourself with the following:
- Type of ATV
- Age of ATV
- Value of ATV
- Horsepower/engine size of ATV
- Location where ATV will be used
- Where ATV will be stored
- Who will be riding the ATV
- Your driving record
- Preferred deductibles
- Preferred coverages
All of these factors, plus many more, will be considered in order to give you a quote that best reflects your individual situation and risk profile.
Are There Discounts Available on ATV Insurance in Wyoming?
Just like many other insurance policies, there are discounts available on ATV insurance in Wyoming. These discounts may include the following:
- New customer discount
- Loyal customer discount
- Multi-policy discount
- Safety course discount
- Good driver discount
- Paid-in-full discount
- Lay-up discount (if you only use your ATV during certain times of the year)
- Professional/industry affiliation discount
Each insurance company offers its customers different discounts, so be sure to inquire about any discounts you may not be aware of.
Obtaining ATV Insurance in Wyoming Is Easy
When it comes to getting ATV insurance, it's crucial to have a professional by your side making sure you're getting the best coverage at the right price. A Trusted Choice® agent is always available to help answer questions, adjust coverages, or even help you file a claim.