Poster printers are a type of commercial printer. They engage in printing posters of various sizes and types using traditional and digital printing methods. Poster printers may also offer on-site photocopying and other quick-printing services.
If you operate a poster printing business, you need to make sure you understand your business risks, so you can protect yourself and recover financially if you have a loss.
Poster printer insurance can help you protect all aspects of your business, including your customers, your employees, and your property and equipment.
Why Do You Need Poster Printer Insurance?
Poster printers face a variety of risks, such as:
- Customers visiting your premises to make an order or make copies, or vendors delivering supplies can get injured in a simple trip and fall incident, or worse.
- Your printing environment can be dangerous to your employees.
- Papers, inks, and other flammables onsite make your business highly susceptible to fire, smoke, and water damage.
- Your printing presses and other machines can malfunction or suffer damage and take a serious bite out of your productivity as a result.
- A loss of important electronic records could lead to a serious and unrecoverable productivity and revenue shortage.
Poster printer insurance can help in these situations and many others. It helps you cover the costs of property and liability claims, so you can recover and stay in business.
What is Printers and Publishers Professional Liability Insurance?
Your clients trust you to provide a timely, high-quality product that they’re proud to deliver to their customers and business partners. But what if you make a mistake or fail to deliver as promised?
It could lead to a financial loss for your client, and could lead to you being accused of negligence and caught up in a lawsuit.
Printers and publishers professional liability insurance is a special type of errors and omissions insurance designed for commercial printers and publishers. It protects you if you make a mistake or an error during the printing process or if you fail to deliver products as promised (such as missing a deadline).
In these cases, your professional liability insurance may cover the costs of any legal action against you, even if the claims are unfounded. It can also protect you from accusations of copyright infringement, defamation, libel, and slander.
What Does Property Insurance Cover for Poster Printers?
Poster printers need to understand their risk for property losses. You have numerous flammable materials on hand (papers, inks, other chemicals), as well valuable inventory, equipment, machinery, and more. Your buildings, equipment, and inventory are susceptible to fire, theft, vandalism, and natural disasters. How would you recover if you faced a partial or total loss?
- Commercial property insurance: This protects your building and other property in the event of a covered loss, such as fire, vandalism, smoke, or theft. It provides coverage for lost inventory, printers, copiers, machinery, tools, warehouses and office space, office equipment, computers, and more. It may also provide coverage for neighboring facilities and completed products housed on your premises. Coverage applies whether you own or lease your business property.
- Business interruption coverage: Also known as business income coverage, this protects your earnings and helps to pay expenses if your business is unable to operate because of damage caused by some type of covered disruption (fire, hail, wind, equipment breakdown). You can even include coverage for breakdowns in utility services (water, electrical) if a storm or some other event takes down power lines and cuts off your electrical and telephone service, and you’re forced to temporarily close your doors.
- Equipment breakdown insurance: Often referred to as boiler and machinery coverage, this supplements your business property insurance. It covers certain costs associated with accidental breakdown of machinery or equipment and the resulting property damage or loss. Equipment breakdown coverage may pay for the cost of repairing the damaged equipment, the costs associated with the time and labor to repair or replace the equipment, business income losses when a covered breakdown causes a business interruption, and the cost to replace spoiled stock or materials.
What Does Liability Insurance Cover for Poster Printers?
Poster printers face numerous liability risks, including copyright infringement, libel, slander, defamation of character, and advertising liability. What’s more, at any time one of your customers, business partners, or anyone who visits your premises can be injured or sustain some kind of property damage.
You can protect your operations, products, and customers with a variety of business liability policies designed for poster printers.
- Commercial general liability (CGL) insurance: This coverage is necessary for occasions in which your business is negligent and causes bodily injury or property damage to a third party. Your CGL policy protects you in the event of third-party lawsuits, with coverage for attorney fees, court costs, settlements, and judgments up to the limits of your policy.
- Cyber liability insurance: When clients, employees, vendors, or others have their sensitive data compromised, you’re responsible for paying for much of the damage, and you may also be sued. Cyber liability insurance protects you from the risks associated with cyber attacks, data breaches, viruses, and other cyber-related issues.
- Environmental liability insurance: The inks and solvents that you use in the printing process could be toxic and may contaminate the air, ground, or water if they are not handled properly. Environmental liability insurance covers a variety of pollution exposures.
- Commercial auto insurance: This covers your vehicle fleet and drivers in the event of an accident or other vehicle damage that occurs. Commercial auto insurance provides coverage for property damage and bodily injury liability claims, vehicle damage, and medical bills, as well as any costs related to lawsuits due to auto accidents involving your vehicle fleet as they transport your products from place to place.
- Commercial umbrella insurance: This provides an extra layer of liability protection to any of several other policies you might have. Commercial umbrella insurance kicks in when the limits of your other applicable insurance policies have been exhausted, protecting you in the event that a claim exceeds the amount of coverage available from any other applicable policy.
How to Avoid Gaps in Your Poster Printer Insurance Coverage
In addition to property and liability insurance, poster printers likely need several other business insurance policies to reduce any gaps in coverage. Here’s a rundown of what to discuss with your independent insurance agent:
- Workers’ compensation insurance: This provides insurance coverage when accidents happen at the workplace. It ensures that the injured worker gets medical care and income protection while unable to work. Workers’ compensation insurance provides benefits to injured workers regardless of who is at fault for their injury. And it will provide death benefits for a worker’s dependents if the worker is killed.
- Computers and media coverage: This helps you pay to replace lost data and related lost income if your computers are damaged by a covered loss, such as theft, vandalism, viruses, or malware. It may also pay for physical damage to computers or hardware.
How Much Does Poster Printer Insurance Cost?
In general, poster printer insurance costs will vary depending on:
- The size of your business
- The number of employees you have
- The amount and value of your commercial property, including buildings, equipment, and inventory/materials
- The location of your business
A number of other variables will come into play, as well, especially the type of coverage you need and the deductibles that you choose. An independent insurance agent can guide you though your options so you get coverage that meets your needs and budget.
Benefits of an Independent Agent
Our agents simplify the search process for finding the right poster printer insurance. They’ll walk you through the handpicked policy options and explain the details.
Most importantly, they’ll be there for you when claim time comes. They know the ins and outs of the process and will make sure your claim is handled appropriately.
The Lowdown on Online Quotes
Online quotes can be tempting. They are fast and easy to get — but are they accurate? And are you getting quotes for the right coverage? For business owners, choosing speed over accuracy can cost you.
Online quotes can’t and don’t see the whole picture. They can omit important coverage that will leave you devastated if something unexpected happens. And they can leave out cost-saving opportunities that an agent can help you take advantage of.
Instead of getting an online quote, find an independent insurance agent now, and get one-on-one consultation and affordable options for the best coverage for your unique needs.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Paul Martin
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.