Yoga studios are a place for peace, quiet, and trying to form your body into the shape of a tree while balancing on one foot combined with deep breathing. Sometimes, trying to forget about the stress of your everyday life can lead to a twisted knee or sprained wrist.
As a yoga instructor if someone pushes themselves too hard in your studio, you’re liable for their injuries. Our independent agents are available to help you find the best insurance for your studio so that you can continue to keep your students flowing smoothly from high to low. Namaste.
What Is Yoga Studio Insurance?
Yoga studio insurance is a specific type of business insurance that protects you and your practice from financial misfortunes in the event that a student gets injured before, during, or after attending a class at your studio or in your space.
Is Yoga Studio Insurance Mandatory?
Maybe. If you’ve taken out a loan to start your yoga studio, then your financial institution may require insurance. However, in most cases, yoga studio insurance is not mandatory but an important way to protect your business.
Why Does A Yoga Studio Need Insurance?
Even if you’re the best yoga instructor in town, one person twisting their ankle while trying to do a warrior pose or tweaking their back while heading into downward dog can ruin shavasana for everyone. For a minimal price you protect yourself, your studio, and your students.
What Does Yoga Studio Insurance Cover?
Just like there are a variety of yoga styles, there are a variety of ways to insure your yoga studio. These policies provide several options from property coverage to participant liability so that you can build a policy that is right for you and your business.
Yoga insurance coverage can include the following policies:
- Building coverage: Covers loss or damage to your structure due to fire, storms, vandalism, among others.
- Equipment and contents coverage: Covers loss or damage to things like mirrors, mats and computers due to fire, severe weather and more.
- Bodily injury liability: Covers injuries to students and to any non-employee who may be in your waiting area during a yoga class.
- Premises liability: Provides coverage for injuries or property damage sustained by a student, delivery person, or any other person with reason to be on the premises.
- Participant liability: Coverage for students, staff, or volunteers if they’re injured while participating in a yoga activity off-site.
- Workers compensation: Provides coverage for medical treatment if one of your employees is injured on the job.
How Much Does Yoga Studio Insurance Cost?
Depending on how many students your studio has, whether you work alone or with a yoga posse, and whether your posse is certified or not will determine how much coverage you will need. On average, yoga studio business insurance starts around $450 per year and around $4 or $5 per student covered.
How Can An Independent Agent Help With Yoga Studio Insurance?
As you may have noticed in reading this article there are a variety of options when it comes to yoga studio business insurance.
The number one goal is to make sure you have all your bases covered and an independent agent can help you do just that. We’ll take you through the process of finding the proper yoga studio insurance as smoothly as you take your students through their sun salutations.
How Do I Compare Yoga Studio Insurance Quotes?
Our enlightened agents will review your needs and help you evaluate the best yoga studio insurance for you. From liability and property coverage to making sure that every square foot of your studio space is protected, the only thing you’ll have to worry about is which formation to line your students in to get the best energy in the room.