IRS. FBI. USPS. Men in Black. Whatever sector of the government you work for, we appreciate you. And insurance companies do, too. That’s why many of them offer home insurance discounts to federal government employees.
And our independent insurance agents know all about them. They’ll help you figure out how to qualify for discounts and save you money so you can focus on all the things you love, whether that’s audits or aliens.
What Are Federal Government Home Insurance Discounts?
It’s simple: if you work inside the federal government, some insurance companies will offer you discounts on your premiums in recognition of your service. A few of the divisions that could qualify for discounts are:
- IRS (Internal Revenue Service)
- USPS (U.S. Postal Service)
- FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation)
- Justice system, such as federal prosecutors and judges
- Federal Reserve
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Education
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Interior
- Department of Transportation
- FCC (Federal Communications Commission)
- National Security Council
- U.S. International Trade Commission
A quick chat with your boss, HR or the president should help you learn more about the discount. And our agents can handle all the rest from there.
How Do I Get Federal Government Home Insurance Discounts?
Don’t worry, it’s super-easy. A federal government employee discount is what’s known as a group discount, one of the simplest insurance discounts to get. And here’s how you get it:
- Ask around the water cooler: You’ll have the best luck starting with your boss, union rep or HR department. Ask if there’s a discount program with a particular insurance company. If yes, you’re good and can skip to the next step. If not, don’t worry: You might still qualify, so go ahead and jump to the next step.
- Have a heart-to-heart with an agent: If you know you’ll get a discount with a certain company, say that up front. If you’re unsure or you know there’s no special discount offered, ask them to look for you—they love this sort of thing. Some companies may offer a general federal employee discount as a thank you for your service.
- Compare wisely: Your agent may provide you with a few quotes to choose from. If that’s the case, don’t automatically go for the cheapest option—mid-range options could offer more discounts and, more importantly, better coverage.
The Benefits of an Independent Insurance Agent
Look, we know your time is valuable. So why do the hard work yourself? Our independent insurance agents stay on top of the industry and all the trending discounts so you don’t have to. That means they’ll help you find the right coverage for you at the right price.
They’re not just there at the beginning, either. If disaster strikes your home and you need to make a claim, they’ll help you meet deadlines and ensure you’re getting all the benefits you’re entitled to. That makes a crummy situation a little less crummy.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Paul Martin
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.