The second largest city in Texas usually enjoys a typical Hill Country climate with hot summers and cooler winters. However, residents of the city know that nature sometimes delivers freezing temperatures, windstorms and flash floods. That is why it is prudent to protect your house with the right San Antonio, TX homeowners insurance. Local network agents can help you review your coverage, suggest alternative or additional plans and compare San Antonio home insurance quotes from top-rated companies.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
Cost of Homeowners Insurance in Texas
- National yearly premium average: $1,034
- Texas yearly premium average: $1,661
- 3rd most expensive premium in the US
It is difficult to estimate the cost of any individual homeowner’s San Antonio homeowners insurance because rates depend upon many different factors. These could include the age of your house, home improvements and prior claims history. Even a fairly unusual and random occurrence like a tornado strike could count as a prior claim.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
San Antonio Homeowners Insurance Coverage
Standard policies include some common coverage types such as these:
- Building property coverage: Pays to repair the structure of your home and other structures like garages and fences after a disaster
- Home contents coverage: Pays to replace your stolen or damaged clothes, furniture and electronics
- Liability insurance coverage: Pays medical expenses and court costs for bodily injury and property damage claims if you are at fault or someone sues you due to injury or property damage while they are on your premises
- Relocation assistance or “loss of use”: Provides temporary lodging if the home is rendered uninhabitable because of a covered incident
Homeowners should be aware that basic policies don't cover certain things. In San Antonio, you could need to purchase flood insurance, for example, through the National Flood Insurance Program. You can ask a local agent to help you understand the details of any new policy you plan to purchase.
Number of Catastrophes in Texas and the US
- National number of catastrophes: 19,033
- Number of catastrophes in Texas: 1,935
- National number of tornadoes: 1,233
- Number of tornadoes in Texas: 221
- National property damage from weather: $5,511,270,000
- Property damage from weather in Texas: $1,026,150,000
The city is located in a part of the state known as “Flash Flood Alley,” one of the nation’s areas most prone to flooding after severe rainstorms. While Gulf Coast hurricanes are not likely to make it so far inland, the city can still experience heavy rains, floods and tornadoes during and after a major storm.
Theft in Texas
- National average for burglaries: 37,814
- Texas number of burglaries: 190,898
Theft and vandalism could result in damage to your house and personal property. Insurers encourage customers to purchase burglar alarm systems in order to protect their home and contents because these systems tend to reduce insurance claims and may even earn a home policy discount.
San Antonio Home Insurance Quotes
Residents of this large and diverse city need to protect their houses with the right San Antonio homeowners insurance. It is simple to find good coverage if you contact a local independent Trusted Choice® network agent. These network agents can help you compare San Antonio home insurance quotes and answer your insurance questions.