You may have noticed our logo, a thistle, which is a tribute to our family history in Scotland and the origin of our founder. In 1968, Jim Robertson left his home in Scotland and came to America with a suitcase and a small amount of savings.
During Jim's lawful immigration, he chose to enlist in the Army Reserves, where he proudly served this country. Afterward, he began a career in insurance. With his dedication to clients, hard work, and honest, fair dealings, he was able to help found Avis Insurance in 1985.
Thirty years later, our family-owned and -operated agency changed its name as it grew in size to better reflect Jim's legacy and his impact on how we approach business. Our story is one of many demonstrating the opportunities that can be found every day, no matter how you had to travel to arrive there.
As fellow business owners, we understand the passion that drives you to make your business a success or the importance of protecting the life you've worked to build at home. That's why we take our job of serving clients across Central Pennsylvania and the Mid-Atlantic region seriously.
What our clients are saying
"I have been With Robertson since they bought Avis Insurance and have nothing but excellent service.from your company. All my contacts have been very helpful in answering any questions and especially with the most recent renewal! Many thenks to Krista Van sant for following up on my most recent.concern!"
"they have always met or excessed our needs."
"The right perspectives and direction from leadership/ownership"
"Great sales guy and spot on office support. Responsive folks whatever the question or need."
"Appreciate the service provided"
"Always very helpful!"
"Already referred someone an they came on board."
"Great customer services during knowledgeable agents."
"Always there to help"
Personal and Commercial Lines insurance professionals
Why choose Robertson Insurance & Risk Management
States we serve
- New Jersey
Our insurance coverages
Personal insurance coverage
- Builders Risk / Construction
- Collectible Auto
- Identity Fraud
- Mobile Home
- Personal Watercraft
- RV / Motorhome
- Short-Term / Sharing
- Special Event
- Travel Trailer
- Vacant Land
- Valuable Items
Business insurance coverage
- Builders Risk
- Business Owners Package (BOP)
- Business Vehicle
- Contractors Equipment
- Cyber Liability
- Directors & Officers
- Employment Practices Liability
- Errors & Omissions
- General Liability
- Inland Marine
- Professional Liability
- Umbrella / Excess
- Workers' Compensation
Life & Annuties coverage
Industries we serve
- Accommodation and Food Services
- Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting
- Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation
- Educational Services
- Finance and Insurance
- Health Care and Social Assistance
- Management of Companies and Enterprises
- Manufacturing - Food / Beverage / Textiles / Apparel / Leather
- Manufacturing - Metal / Machinery / Computer / Electrical / Transportation / Furniture
- Manufacturing - Wood / Paper / Paper / Mining / Plastics
- Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction
- Other Services (except Public Administration)
- Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
- Public Administration
- Real Estate and Rental and Leasing
- Retail - Sporting Goods / Hobby / Music / General / Misc.
- Retail - Vehicle / Home / Furniture / Building / Garden / Food / Health / Gas / Clothing
- Transportation - Air / Rail / Water / Truck / Transit / Ground / Pipeline / Scenic
- Transportation and Warehousing
- Wholesale Trade
Recommended insurance company partners
Other companies we work with:Aegis General, Aegis Security Insurance, AmWINS Group, American Modern, Apogee Insurance Group, Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group, Burns & Wilcox, Goodville Mutual, Lititz Mutual Insurance Company, Penn National Insurance, RPS
Robertson Insurance & Risk Management Team
Robertson Insurance & Risk Management Reviews
I have been With Robertson since they bought Avis Insurance and have nothing but excellent service.from your company. All my contacts have been very helpful in answering any questions and especially with the most recent renewal! Many thenks to Krista Van sant for following up on my most recent.concern!
they have always met or excessed our needs.
The right perspectives and direction from leadership/ownership
Great sales guy and spot on office support. Responsive folks whatever the question or need.
Appreciate the service provided
Always very helpful!
Already referred someone an they came on board.
Great customer services during knowledgeable agents.
Always there to help