Since our founding in the mountains of Western North Carolina in 1975, General Insurance Services has become the area's largest family-owned insurance agency by providing superior protection and service for thousands of individuals, families, and businesses. We are proud to be your one stop shop for auto, life, home, health, business, and any other form of insurance you may need. We will evaluate your specific needs, find the right company to meet those needs, and provide you with the best value for your dollar.
Call, click, or visit one of our six locations today and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with having all your insurance in one place!
What our clients are saying
"Ms. Conner is extremely helpful knowledgeable and got me better prices with next to nothing deductibles to meet my full coverage needs!"
"Our family has had our home & auto insurance with GIS for 10+ years. They have excellent customer service. When my daughter got married we also used them for the event policy. I would never dream of using a different company. Top notch folks and I would give 10 stars if it was an option."
Personal and Commercial Lines insurance experts
Why choose General Insurance Services of Asheville, Inc.
States we serve
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
Our insurance coverages
Personal insurance coverage
- Builders Risk / Construction
- Collectible Auto
- Identity Fraud
- Mobile Home
- Personal Watercraft
- Short-Term / Sharing
- Special Event
- Vacant Land
- Valuable Items
Business insurance coverage
- Builders Risk
- Business Owners Package (BOP)
- Business Vehicle
- Contractors Equipment
- Cyber Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Errors & Omissions
- General Liability
- Inland Marine
- Professional Liability
- Umbrella / Excess
- Workers' Compensation
Life & Annuties coverage
- Disability Income
- Long Term Care
Industries we serve
- Accommodation and Food Services
- Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting
- Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation
- Educational Services
- Finance and Insurance
- Health Care and Social Assistance
- Management of Companies and Enterprises
- Manufacturing - Food / Beverage / Textiles / Apparel / Leather
- Manufacturing - Metal / Machinery / Computer / Electrical / Transportation / Furniture
- Manufacturing - Wood / Paper / Paper / Mining / Plastics
- Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction
- Other Services (except Public Administration)
- Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
- Public Administration
- Real Estate and Rental and Leasing
- Retail - Sporting Goods / Hobby / Music / General / Misc.
- Retail - Vehicle / Home / Furniture / Building / Garden / Food / Health / Gas / Clothing
- Transportation - Air / Rail / Water / Truck / Transit / Ground / Pipeline / Scenic
- Transportation and Warehousing
- Wholesale Trade
Recommended insurance company partners
Other companies we work with:Auto-Owners Insurance Company, Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Company, Builders Mutual Insurance Company, Burns & Wilcox, CNA, Chubb, Dairyland Insurance Company, Encompass, First Benefits Insurance Mutual, Hagerty, Heritage Insurance Company, K&K Insurance Group, Kemper Independence, Markel Specialty, MetLife Auto & Home, N.C. Grange Mutual Insurance Company, National General Insurance (GMAC), Oxford Life Insurance Company, Penn National Insurance, Scottsdale Insurance Company, Southern Mutual Church Insurance Company, The Hartford, US Assure, United Healthcare, United States Liab, Universal Property & Casualty Insurance, Utica National Insurance, Vindati
General Insurance Services of Asheville, Inc. Reviews
Ms. Conner is extremely helpful knowledgeable and got me better prices with next to nothing deductibles to meet my full coverage needs!
Our family has had our home & auto insurance with GIS for 10+ years. They have excellent customer service. When my daughter got married we also used them for the event policy. I would never dream of using a different company. Top notch folks and I would give 10 stars if it was an option.