In Berlin, New Hampshire, you'll have a potential customer base of 10,122 residents. Many rewards and exposures come with owning a company. Fortunately, Berlin, NH, business insurance can protect your operation from pitfalls and financial ruin.
A Berlin, NH, independent insurance agent has access to numerous markets, making it simple to obtain the right policies. They'll shop through affordable carriers, so your pocketbook is protected. Connect with a local expert to get started today.
What Is Business Insurance?
In Berlin, New Hampshire, you'll have a variety of business insurance options. Coverage will be based on your industry, risk factors, and location. Here are some foundational policies your company will need to start with.
- General liability: Pays for a bodily injury and property damage loss of others.
- Business property: Pays for the replacement or repair of company-owned property and belongings.
- Business inventory: Pays for the replacement or repair of company-owned inventory.
- Business equipment breakdown: Pays for replacing or repairing company-owned equipment that breaks down due to a covered loss.
- Commercial umbrella liability: Pays for a bodily injury and property damage loss of others after it exhausts your underlying limits.
- Workers' compensation: Pays for medical expenses and lost wages of an injured or ill employee resulting from job duties.
What Does Business Insurance Cover in Berlin, New Hampshire?
Standard commercial insurance policies come with protection against fire, theft, vandalism, and severe weather. There are common coverages that each policy will include under your Berlin, NH, insurance. Let's look at basic business insurance coverages.
- Coverage for bodily injury or property damage claim
- Coverage for your business inventory such as products
- Coverage for business equipment that breaks down due to a covered loss
- Coverage for employees who are injured or ill on the job
- Coverage for commercial vehicles used to operate the business
- Coverage for disgruntled employees that sue due to discrimination or harassment
How Your Commercial Property Is Covered in Berlin, New Hampshire
In order to protect your Berlin commercial property, you'll have to review your policies for accuracy. Most business property insurance will only cover up to 80% of a loss. The best way to be proactive is to understand the most reported claims in your area.
Check out common property losses in New Hampshire
- Severe storms and lightning
- Flooding and water damage
- Heavy snow
- Hurricanes and tropical storms
- Burglary and other property crimes
Why you need flood insurance
Coverage for a flood to your commercial property is not covered under your business policies automatically. Instead, you'll need to obtain a separate flood insurance policy for protection.
Save on Business Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Liability Insurance Do You Need in Berlin, New Hampshire?
Liability insurance for your company is the single most important coverage you can obtain. There are different options when it comes to liability insurance, and they each protect against specific claims. Check out some liability insurance options in Berlin, NH, you'll want to consider.
Cyber liability insurance: This policy is usually overlooked but is one of the most necessary coverages you can own. It will pay for a cyberattack when your business gets hacked. When sensitive data gets stolen, your company will be responsible.
Business interruption insurance: Business interruption insurance will pay for regular business expenses when a catastrophe forces closure. If you want to stay in operation, get this insurance. Coverage usually lasts 12 to 24 months.
General liability insurance: General liability insurance will pay for a loss arising from property damage, bodily injury, or slander. Your limits need to be accurate because it's used often. To have enough coverage, review your policy regularly.
Which Employee Policies You'll Need to Consider in Berlin, New Hampshire
When employees help your Berlin, NH, business thrive, it only makes sense to protect them and your company from claims. Consider the coverage options below for your staff.
Workers' compensation insurance: This policy will pay for an injured or ill employee's lost wages and medical expenses.
Employee benefits coverage: If you're trying to attract new employees and keep old ones, you'll need to compete. To add value, consider employee benefits coverage. This will pay for life insurance and more for your team.
Why You Need an Independent Insurance Agent in Berlin, New Hampshire
Business insurance can be tough to grasp if you're not a licensed professional. Knowing what's necessary for your operation can be a challenge with all the coverage choices on the market. Fortunately, you're not alone, and a licensed professional can help.
A Berlin, NH, independent insurance agent works with several carrier options so that you're fully insured. They'll do the comparing for free, making, so connect with a local expert on trustedchoice.com to get started in minutes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.