Leitchfield, KY is a historic town, situated between the Rough River Lake and the Nolin River Lake. Each year, the annual Grayson County Fair draws huge crowds to the community. Businesses in this area have thrived from all of the tourism, with a whole new world of opportunities now waiting for them. During previous years, there were 340,746 small businesses in Kentucky, providing employment to 686,517 people. Of course, owning a business is always risky. Recently, loss payouts to Kentucky businesses totaled $3,723,405.
The first task to complete as a business owner is to invest in Leitchfield business insurance. Our Independent Insurance Agents specialize in helping businesses in Leitchfield select comprehensive commercial insurance that safeguards against liability threats and other common threats you may face. Every Leitchfield business needs the protection of general liability insurance. According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60% of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their highest concern and more than 30% said they felt the least prepared to handle this issue. Liability lawsuits happen every single day and can cause your small business to close the doors. Make sure your business is prepared with the right kind of general liability insurance.
- Product Liability: According to a national study, 71% of product liability awards by the courts amounted to $1 million or more. It takes only one accusation of a defective product to land you in the middle of an expensive lawsuit. If you invest in product liability insurance, you can have the peace of mind you are covered despite what comes your way.
- Errors & Omissions/Professional Liability: Businesses that offer a service, rather than a product, are still at risk for a liability lawsuit. Contractors, consultants, and other professionals benefit from professional liability insurance. This type of coverage protects you against accusations of errors and omissions. If you do end up in a lawsuit, your professional liability insurance covers the costs of legal defense and any court ordered payouts.
Business Interruption Insurance for Leitchfield Businesses
- Recent Gross domestic product: 2.2%
- Recent Kentucky gross state product: 1.6%
- The recent GSP increase was 0.6% less than the recent GDP increase
Severe weather is a common threat for Leitchfield residents. Imagine for a moment that a massive tornado has swept through the area and now you find your business totally destroyed. The damage is severe, it will take weeks to repair your property, and you have no choice but to shut down. Business interruption insurance steps in to pay you for the profits you lose during this unexpected interruption. It’s a lifesaving policy that could keep your business afloat if disaster strikes in your neighborhood.
Property Insurance for Leitchfield Businesses
- Number of recent natural disasters: 119
- Only 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage in recent years: $9.7 billion
Leitchfield in a high-risk area for tornadoes, with dozens of storms causing serious damage to homes and businesses over the past few decades. Invest in commercial property insurance so your business is protected. If your business is damaged in a storm, you file a claim with your business insurance company and get the funds you need to make repairs and to get back to work as soon as possible.
Save on Business Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Workers' Compensation for Leitchfield Businesses
Before hiring a single employee, business owners should have a workman’s compensation policy in place. If an employee is injured on the job, you could be facing a major lawsuit. Workers' compensation safeguards your business by paying for medical care and lost wages after a work-related injury.
Employee Coverages for Leitchfield Businesses
- Total recent spending on premiums in Kentucky: $697,974
- Ranked 25th for highest premiums in the U.S.
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $5,077/person or $15,463/family
With health care costs on the rise, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to find affordable health and life insurance benefits for your staff. Our agents can help you find affordable employee coverages by providing quotes from multiple policies. By taking the time to compare rates, you can drastically cut the costs of health insurance and life insurance plans for your staff.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Leitchfield Businesses
- 2,358 identity theft complaints in Kentucky in recent years
- Ranked #43 highest for identity theft complaints in the U.S.
Research shows that only 22% of small businesses have a response plan in place to deal with cyber attacks and data breaches. If your Leitchfield business doesn’t have a plan in place, it’s time to make one now. If you find yourself facing a serious data breach or falling victim to hackers, make sure you’re prepared with cyber crime insurance. This coverage safeguards your business assets and provides peace of mind.
Make the call to one of our Independent Insurance Agents, and get started finding the most affordable policy that fits your situation. Our experienced agents can walk you through your options, answer your questions and point you toward the coverages that will best protect your small business.
To learn more about your options for Leitchfield commercial insurance coverage, contact an agent and get a free rate quote today.