There are few places in this great nation as peaceful and tranquil as Campbellsville, KY. The rural life on the edge of Bluegrass country is a quiet, good life that most people only dream of. But to really enjoy it, you need to have a car to get around. Under Kentucky law, that means you have to have car insurance.
In order to find the best Campbellsville auto insurance that fits your needs, talk to an Independent Insurance Agent today. An agent will shop around to many different agencies and get multiple quotes so that you can compare and find the most affordable insurance to fit your lifestyle. The cost of car insurance in Kentucky is very close to the national average of $1,311, running $1,341 per year. Your actual cost is based on several factors:
- Your vehicle - A more expensive car is more expensive to repair.
- Your coverage and deductibles - This is your level of coverage for any claim.
- Your age, sex and marital status - Single males under 25 pay the highest premiums.
- Your driving record - Are you accident- and ticket-free?
- Your credit history - A credit risk is considered to be an insurance risk.
Car insurance is not just about protecting your car and keeping it looking great in case of an accident. The real costs from accidents come from injuries suffered, and medical bills can be nearly unlimited in potential liability even in relatively minor accidents. You have to have the right coverage for the very high risk that you take just by getting on the roads every day.
Kentucky Car Insurance Requirements
Car insurance is required by state law in Kentucky. There are minimum levels of protection that every driver has to have plus a few options you may opt for:
- Bodily Injury Liability: This is required, with a minimum of $25,000 per person covered and a minimum of $50,000 total for all persons injured in an accident.
- Property Damage Liability: This is also required, with a minimum of $10,000 for any property (primarily other cars) damaged in an accident.
- Personal Injury Protection: This is also required, with a minimum of $10,000 for every motorist.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: This is not required in Kentucky, but you may want it in case you are hit by someone who has no insurance.
- Comprehensive: This is a policy that includes all of the above plus many additional features, including coverage of any damage to the car for any reason.
If you have a new car that you want to keep looking its best at all times, you may want to consider having a fully comprehensive package that takes care of everything for you.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in Kentucky
Despite state laws, not all drivers carry insurance. Nationwide, 12.6 percent of all drivers, or one in eight, are uninsured across the U.S. The rate is somewhat higher in Kentucky, with 15.8 percent of all drivers not carrying basic liability insurance as required by law. With nearly one driver in six not carrying insurance, there is a good chance that if you are in an accident, you will have to cover the expenses yourself. If your car is critical to your daily routine to keep your business operating, you need uninsured motorist coverage. This pays out even if the other driver has no insurance so that you don’t have to resort to a lawsuit to cover your losses.
Number of Auto Thefts in Kentucky
On average there are 2.94 thefts for every 1,000 cars every year across the United States. Kentucky has a much lower rate, with only 1.87 thefts per 1,000 cars. Thefts are even rarer in Campbellsville, which has one of the lowest crime rates in the state. That’s not to say you shouldn’t worry about this or select less coverage. Some models are targeted by thieves for a wide variety of reasons. If you are considering buying a new car, you may want to check with your agent to see if a car you are considering is particularly expensive.
Find a Great Campbellsville Car Insurance Policy
It's hard to evaluate insurance plans and costs without expert advice you can trust. Talk to an Independent Agent today to get the information you need to find the best Campbellsville car insurance for your lifestyle at the best price possible. Your agent will help you find the policy you need so that you can drive without worrying and can simply enjoy the good life you’ve come to expect in the heart of Kentucky.