Navigating a motorhome through the crowded streets of Louisville may not sound like a vacation, but many RV owners live within city limits. Whether you store your recreational vehicle in a garage or park it in your backyard in the suburbs, you have the best of both worlds: the convenience of city living, and an ideal way to get back to nature while still feeling at home. Protect your home-on-the-road with suitable Louisville, KY RV insurance.
Depending on your personal circumstances, it can be hard to know exactly which RV policy to purchase. Unfortunately, many RV owners simply choose the least expensive policy and end up finding themselves underinsured. That doesn't have to be the case for you - read on to find information about Louisville RV insurance and quoting.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
RV Park Ordinances in the State of Kentucky
- The minimum size for an RV park is 10 acres
- Each RV park must have a recreation area of at least 500 square feet
- A minimum of 10 sites should be at each park
- RV’s cannot be permanently fixed to a location
- RV owners are allowed to purchase sites at RV parks, if available
- When parked, your RV must be on wheels or on a jacking system
What Does Louisville RV Insurance Cover?
In the state of Kentucky, the law requires that RV owners maintain the same liability minimums as are required for automobiles. While that amount of coverage may comply with the law, it is likely not enough protection if you are responsible for an accident while driving your RV. These large, heavy vehicles have the potential to cause a great deal of damage. For this reason, most insurance experts recommend buying high levels of liability coverage with your RV insurance policy.
As with car insurance, you also have the option of purchasing:
- Collision insurance: This will cover damages to your RV if you cause an accident
- Medical payments insurance: This will cover you if you or your passengers are injured in an accident you cause
- Comprehensive insurance: This will compensate you for damages to your RV that are sustained while it is parked
There are different types of RVs on the road ranging anywhere from a Class B motorhome to a camper van, and RV insurance policies can be tailored for each vehicle. Coverage options that are unique to RV owners include:
- RV roadside assistance
- Contents coverage
- Vacation liability coverage
- Emergency expense coverage
- Full-timers coverage
- Total loss recovery
Be sure to discuss each of your insurance options with a qualified insurance agent before making a decision about which to purchase.
You May Qualify for Louisville RV Insurance Discounts
Louisville RV insurance does not have to be cost-prohibitive. While you may be able to save money on your coverage by comparison shopping for competitive rates, you should also be sure to ask your agent about available discounts.
You may qualify for discounts for such things as:
- Paying your annual premiums in-full
- Permitting automatic monthly payments to come directly out of your bank account
- Bundling policies
- Successfully completing a defensive driving course
- Having certain military or professional associations
Compare Louisville Motorhome Insurance Quotes
The internet is a great resource for researching insurance policies and rates, but you might want to invest more time than just a few clicks. There are many benefits to obtaining a tailored insurance package from an independent agent who knows your name. Your RV is unlike any other on the road and your insurance policy should be structured specifically for you.
If you want personalized service from someone that will work to understand your needs, contact a Trusted Choice® member agent. These independent insurance agents can actually compare policies and prices from multiple sources to help you find the best insurance to meet your coverage and budgetary needs. Contact a local member agent near you to start comparing Louisville motorhome insurance quotes today.