St. Cloud, FL is a charming city, located on the shore of East Lake Tohopekaliga. Known for its unique storefront shops, antiques and laid back culture, St. Cloud is an ideal place for a small business. In previous years, there were 2,180,556 small businesses in Florida, providing employment to 3,000,167 people. Of course, owning a business also carries some heavy risks. Recently, loss payouts to Florida businesses totaled $19,737,799. Our Independent Insurance Agents can help you find the right St. Cloud business insurance to help you reduce your risk so you can focus on the important job of running your small business.
As a business owner, you face risks, from liability to storm damage, even including cyber attacks. With so many things that can go wrong, let an agent help you choose the most important business insurance coverages to protect your company and help you succeed in St. Cloud. General Liability insurance is one of the first types of coverage you want in place as a St. Cloud business owner. According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60 percent of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their highest concern and more than 30 percent said they felt the least prepared to handle this issue. When you invest in liability coverage, you have peace of mind that your company is protected even during a costly lawsuit.
- Product Liability: According to a national study, 71 percent of product liability awards by the courts amounted to $1 million or more. If your business manufactures, designs or sells any type of physical product, this insurance is a must. The majority of small businesses are unable to survive product liability lawsuits without closing the doors permanently. Make sure your business is protected with product liability insurance so that you can stay in business during a costly lawsuit.
- Errors & Omissions/Professional Liability: It only takes one upset customer who feels wronged by bad advice or an error to ruin your hard work. If your business offers a service rather than physical products, you are still at risk for liability problems. E&O liability insurance protects consultants and other professionals from client lawsuits and liability-related legal disputes.
Business Interruption Insurance for St. Cloud Businesses
- Recent Gross domestic product: 2.2%
- Recent Florida gross state product: 2.2%
Florida residents are all too familiar with hurricanes, tornadoes and wildfires, to name a few. If a natural disaster forced you to close your business, how would you continue to offer your product and keep revenue flowing? Business interruption insurance helps small business rebuild and provide compensation for lost revenue during a time you are unable to operate.
Property Insurance for St. Cloud Businesses
- Number of natural disasters in recent years: 119
- Only 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage in recent years: $9.7 billion
Florida is ranked as the second most dangerous state in the nation for natural disasters. The primary threat is hurricanes, followed closely by flooding and wildfires. As a business owner in Florida, you want to make sure you have reliable property insurance that could save you from paying out of pocket after the next big storm. You can file and claim and receive the money you need to rebuild or make repairs without tapping into your company’s bank account.
Workers' Compensation for St. Cloud Businesses
Before you hire employees, you need to make sure to have workers' compensation insurance in place. Workers' comp pays for medical care and lost wages if an employee suffers a work-related illness or injury. This protects your company from an accident-related lawsuit and could potentially save you thousands of dollars.
Employee Coverages for St. Cloud Businesses
- Total recent spending on premiums in Florida: $3,131,293
- Ranked 49th for highest premiums in the U.S.
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $5,408/person or $16,070/family
Health insurance premiums are on the rise all across the nation. This is leaving many Americans searching for new job opportunities that provide employee benefits. Due to high rates and annual increases, it can be hard for a small business to afford coverage for employees. Our agents are experts at helping small businesses find the most affordable health and life insurance options for their employees. Our agents offer free rate quotes on multiple policies, helping you find a reliable employee coverage plan at a cost that your business can afford.
Cyber Crime Insurance for St. Cloud Businesses
- 37,059 identity theft complaints in Florida in recent years
- Ranked #1 highest for identity theft complaints in the U.S.
Florida has more annual identity theft complaints than any other state in the country. Yet reports show that only 22 percent of small businesses have a response plan in place to deal with data breaches and cyber attacks. The best way to protect your company form a malicious attack by a hacker is to carry cyber crime insurance. If you have a serious data breach, this type of insurance protects your assets and keeps your business going while the damage is repaired.
One of the most important choices you will make for your business is the type of commercial insurance you choose. It can feel overwhelming trying to find the best policy at the most affordable rate. Let our independent insurance agents take the guesswork out of shopping for business insurance by providing one-on-one support and customized rate quotes on multiple policies. Our seasoned agents will help you weigh the biggest risk your business will face while providing you with the most affordable options.
If you’re looking for affordable and reliable St. Cloud commercial insurance, contact an agent today for a free quote.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.