There are a lot of moving parts to running your business. But insurance doesn't have to add to the complications. Florida business insurance will pay for covered claims so your business doesn’t have to. Business insurance gives you peace of mind knowing that you're fully protected from whatever may come your way. Here’s what a standard business insurance policy should do:
Pay For Damage To Your Building
- We call this “Commercial Property Insurance.”
- Example: A tree falls on your office building.
Pay For Damage To Your Business Property
- We call this “Business Personal Property Insurance.”
- Example: A fire destroys all your computers.
Pay For Damage To Someone Else’s Property
- We call this “General Liability Insurance.”
- Example: A contractor does a poor job of installing a cabinet, resulting in its falling and breaking homeowner's kitchenware.
Pay For Someone Else’s Medical Bills
- We also call this “General Liability Insurance.”
- Example: A customer slips and falls on your recently mopped floor and breaks an arm.
Pay For Accidents in Company Vehicles
- We call this “Commercial Auto Insurance.”
- Example: Your salesperson rear-ends someone while driving to an appointment.
Pay For Employee Injuries & Compensation
- We also call this “Workers' Compensation.”
- Example: An employee falls off a ladder at work and can’t work for two weeks.
Sometimes, these coverages are not enough to properly protect a business against risk. Your business most likely faces unique risks and may need additional coverages.
To make sure you're properly insured, partner with an independent insurance agent. We can have someone on your side who understands your industry. You'll receive customized coverage that keeps your budgetary restrictions in mind.