Bradenton is one of Florida's premier tourist destinations, with unique opportunities to explore the state's history in a hands-on way. Visitors can tour the old courthouse, visit the general store and even get a firsthand look at an old steam engine or cowboy bunkhouse. The upbeat culture and steady influx of tourists make Bradenton, FL a great place for small businesses. Like the rest of the Sunshine State, this city attracts a steady flow of aspiring entrepreneurs and offers a chance for your business dreams to come true.
In recent years, there were 2,180,556 small businesses in Florida offering employment to 3,000,167 residents. And during the same year, small businesses received $19,737,799 in insurance payouts. You can minimize the risks of operating a small business in Bradenton by investing in comprehensive business insurance. Independent insurance agents can offer quotes on multiple policies, giving you a wide array of coverage options to protect your Braden small business.
Liability is the first kind of coverage any small business should consider. There are three types of liability coverage options that can protect your business against lawsuits.
- General Liability: Many small businesses opt for general liability coverage as an umbrella to protect against personal injury claims. According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60 percent of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their highest concern and more than 30 percent said they felt least prepared to handle this issue. General liability insurance offers small-business owners in Bradenton peace of mind that they can handle this expense if it ever becomes necessary.
- Product Liability: According to a national study, 71 percent of product liability awards and 53 percent of medical malpractice awards by the courts amounted to $1 million or more. Most small businesses cannot pay this kind of expense without shutting the doors. Product liability coverage makes it possible to pay for damages if a defective product ever causes injury to a customer or that customer's property.
- Professional Liability: If you are offering the public a service, make sure you have professional liability coverage to protect against claims of negligence. If your advice causes someone to experience physical or even psychological trauma, you could be liable to pay for damages.
Business Interruption Insurance for Small Business
- Recent Gross domestic product: 2.2%
- Florida gross state product in recent years: 2.2%
- The recent GSP was 0% lower than the previous GDP
Bradenton small-business owners carry a heavy burden of responsibility. For a business owner, a simple illness or injury can mean weeks of no income. Business interruption insurance makes it possible to be compensated for lost profits at the end of the year so you can continue doing business even after a major interrupting event.
Property Insurance for Small Business
- Number of natural disasters in recent years: 138
- Only 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage in previous years: $9.7 billion
As a coastal community, Bradenton is a high-risk zone for tropical storms and hurricanes. If you own a small business in this area, make sure you have adequate property insurance to pay for repairs if one of Florida's routine storms causes damage to your business property.
Employee Coverages for Small Business
- Total recent spending on premiums in Florida: $3,131,293
- Ranked 49th for highest premiums in the U.S.
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $5,408/person or $16,070/family
- Average national cost of workers' compensation per employee: $612
Potential employees looking for jobs with small businesses are often careful to choose companies that offer the best employee benefits. From health care to life insurance to workers' compensation, our independent insurance agents can help you find affordable employee coverages for your Bradenton small-business insurance plan.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Small Business
- 37,059 Identity theft complaints in Florida in recent years
- Ranked highest for identity theft complaints in the U.S.
Florida has the highest number of identity theft complaints in the country, and businesses are not immune to this risk. How often do your employees have access to technology that links to your business financials or bank accounts? If a trusted employee turns on you, it could lead to major losses and even financial ruin for your small business. Research shows that only 22 percent of small businesses are prepared in advance with a response plan for data breaches. Don't wait until you're the victim of identity theft to add cybercrime coverage to your Bradenton commercial insurance.
As the owner of a small business in Bradenton, finding the right commercial insurance can be a heavy responsibility. Our experienced independent insurance agents can help you navigate the options and find the best coverage for your company. Contact an agent today to receive quotes on multiple policies and to find the most affordable Bradenton business insurance.