Progressive Insurance Company at a Glance
- Founded in 1937
- Offers personal and commercial insurance
- Several types of coverage available
- “A+” (superior) rating by AM Best
- “A+” (excellent) rating by the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- 24/7/365 customer service
- Strong financial stability
- Mobile app available
- Online claims reporting
- Coverage available nationwide
Progressive pros: Long-standing carrier with more than 80 years worth of experience in the insurance industry. Highly rated by AM Best and the BBB. 24/7/365 customer service department. Offers an extremely wide catalogue of insurance products including auto insurance, umbrella insurance, homeowners insurance, business insurance, and much more. Strong financial stability. Coverage available nationwide. Mobile app available. Live chat service available on website.
Progressive cons: Not a BBB accredited business. Some mixed customer feedback.
What Type of Insurance Does Progressive Offer?
Progressive offers several coverage options for both personal and commercial consumers. Their catalogue includes the following insurance products.
- Vehicle insurance
- Property insurance
- Commercial insurance
- Personal insurance
Your independent insurance agent can help you find more information about the coverage offered by Progressive, and help you decide if this insurance company is right for you.
What to Know about Progressive
Progressive was founded in 1937, giving the carrier more than 80 years worth of experience in the insurance industry. The insurance company's original mission was to become the number one choice for auto insurance with both consumers and agents. Fifty years ago, Progressive became the first insurance company to allow consumers to pay their premiums in installments, a huge milestone for the carrier.
With its rich history and large selection of products available, Progressive has earned a reputation as a stable insurance company with a positive outlook for the future. AM Best, the leading global credit rating agency monitoring the insurance industry, gives Progressive an “A+” rating, indicating the carrier is a superior choice for insurance customers. High ratings from AM Best assure customers that Progressive offers guaranteed, reliable coverage from a financially sound carrier.
Established in 1899, AM Best is one of the oldest rating companies in the world. Reviews from AM Best indicate an insurance company’s financial strength and creditworthiness and are based on comprehensive evaluations of the company’s operating performance, business profile, and annual report. For consumers who are not familiar with insurance companies’ respective reputations, AM Best’s ratings system allows consumers to make an educated decision about who they can trust to meet their needs in the short term, and also in the long term.
What Discounts Does Progressive Offer?
Progressive offers several competitive discounts on their coverage, including the following.
- Bundling discount: Offered to customers who combine their auto and home coverage through Progressive.
- Safe driver discount: Offered to customers who have maintained a clean driving record for at least the past three years.
- Good student discount: Offered to customers who make good grades in school, typically a "B" average or better.
- Online quote discount: Offered to customers who get their quotes online before buying coverage.
- Auto payment discount: Offered to customers who pay their insurance premium every month automatically from their bank account.
An independent insurance agent can provide better discount information and premium quotes for coverage through Progressive. When it comes to coverage, independent insurance agents work hard to make sure you get the right insurance for your needs.
Progressive Customer Service
Progressive offers online 24/7 customer service support and claims reporting. The carrier also provides the following customer service options.
- Online claims reporting
- 24/7/365 phone claims reporting
- Live chat through website
- Email contact option
- Mobile app available
- Online bill pay
To ensure a great customer service experience, work together with an independent insurance agent. Independent insurance agents can help handle claims and other matters for you, so you can relax and enjoy your coverage.
Use our directory to find the best insurance companies to meet your needs. Locate companies that specialize in your specific coverage needs and get connected to an agent near you.
What is Progressive's average claim response time frame?
Progressive offers claims reporting through a couple of mediums. Customers can file a claim through their mobile app, online, or by calling the carrier. However, the insurance company does not provide an official claims response time frame promise on their official website. Progressive encourages customers to file claims within 24 hours of an incident.
What is Progressive's customer service availability?
Progressive allows customers to file claims through their mobile app, online, or via phone. The carrier's customer service department is available 24/7/365, which makes them extremely accessible to customers in need. The insurance company also has a comprehensive social media presence that extends across Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
What is Progressive's claims process?
Progressive offers a couple of options for claims reporting. The insurance company details their auto insurance claims process on their official website as follows.
"1. Submit your claim You can file a claim through the mobile app, online, or by calling 1-800-776-4737. You'll be connected with the right experts at the right time to make sure everything goes smoothly. You can contact a claims rep if you have questions, and you’ll likely work with an estimator who will inspect your car and write an estimate describing the cost of repairs.
2. Inspection and repair options A rep asks if you want to get your repairs completed or receive payment. If you’re not sure, you can get an estimate first to see how much repairs cost or what your payment is for the repairs. If you finance or lease your car, your lender may require you to get the repairs. If you’re not getting repairs, we simply send you a payment for what the damage would have cost to repair. Then, your process is complete. If you’re getting repairs, your rep schedules time for an estimator to inspect your vehicle (if they haven’t done so already). You can get an inspection at your home, office, or repair shop. A rep then reviews the estimate with you, explaining how much repairs cost and what you may have to pay if you have a deductible. If your car is a total loss, it’s handled differently. See more about total loss claims.
3. Schedule your repairs Your rep schedules repairs through a network repair shop or any other shop you’d like. We help you through the process to make sure all repairs are being handled properly.
4. Your car is repaired No matter which shop you choose, repairs will be managed from start to finish. Then, when everything is complete, just pick up your newly repaired car and go. If you used a shop in our approved network, your repairs are guaranteed for as long as you own or lease your vehicle."
If customers have other questions about filing or the claims process itself, they can contact the carrier via phone, online, live chat, email, or get in touch with their independent insurance agent.
Does Progressive create a user-friendly experience for customers?
Progressive’s official website is highly intuitive and easy to navigate. The carrier provides a lot of information about their claims process and provides several options for claims reporting. The insurance company offers 24/7/365 customer service and a mobile app., which makes for an overall excellent user-friendly experience.
Does Progressive have good auto insurance?
Though Progressive now offers a wide range of coverage options, the carrier is perhaps still best known for its auto insurance. The insurance company provides a comprehensive assortment of protection for car insurance customers, including the following coverage options.
- Liability insurance (property damage and bodily injury)
- Comprehensive coverage
- Collision coverage
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists coverage
- Gap insurance
An independent insurance agent can help you find even more information about Progressive's extensive auto insurance options, as well as their many other products available.
Is Progressive a good insurance company?
With excellent ratings through both AM Best and the BBB, 24/7/365 customer service availability, a large catalogue of insurance products, and a highly user-friendly experience, Progressive has certainly earned a reputation as a good insurance company.
Progressive Customer Reviews
|Better Business Bureau|
|“Over the last 5 years my car has been rear-ended and then last year I rear-ended someone else. Rates stayed the same, customer service was fine."|
|"I can’t say enough good things about Progressive. In the decade I’ve been in a total of 3 not-at-fault accidents, and not only did they take excellent and total care of me and my car from points A to B, my rates weren’t increased due to reckless driving of others. A+ customer service, and for my money, a company with integrity."|
|"Progressive offers insurance for just about anything with a motor. Progressive offers a lengthy slate of discounts and a wide range of coverage, including ride share insurance and coverage for pets injured in a car accident."|
|“I love the snapshot service that they offer. It keeps me driving responsibly. If you stop too hard or take a corner too fast or what is considered unsafe, it will make a sound to notify you that it just did a snapshot. I have had my insurance lowered by $20.00 a month. It may not seem like a lot but over a year that's a savings of $240.00. That's $240.00 more that I can spend on date night with my husband, groceries or whatever I would like to spend it on or save it for a rainy day. Customer service reps are knowledgeable on products and services. Love the savings.”|
|"I am a big, big, big fan of this particular insurance company indeed. It is a great company and I have had no problem with them."|
TrustedChoice.com's Final Review
We award Progressive insurance company a final rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars. The insurance company has been around for more than 80 years now, which is noteworthy within the insurance industry. Progressive has received very high ratings through AM Best and the BBB. Coverage is available nationwide, and their catalogue is quite extensive, offering numerous products from auto insurance to pet travel insurance and much more. The insurance company provides 24/7/365 customer service, as well as online claims reporting, live chat features, and online bill pay, which makes them highly accessible to their policyholders. With many glowing customer reviews easily spotted across the web, it's certainly not difficult to find positive things to say about this insurance company. All that considered, we say that if you're in need of any of their many insurance products, work together with your independent insurance agent to look into choosing Progressive as your next trusted carrier.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.