More and more people every day come to Volusia County seeking the good life. With mild weather and fantastic beaches, it’s one of the fastest-growing parts of Florida. To get out and enjoy all the amenities that Deltona has to offer you need a car, and driving a car in Florida means having car insurance. The best way to find the Deltona car insurance which fits your needs is to talk to an Independent Insurance Agent. To serve you best, they shop around many different agencies and get many quotes so that you can compare and find the most affordable insurance to fit your lifestyle.
Car insurance in Florida is among the most expensive in the nation. Some of that comes from the hectic life in big cities, so you can expect that Deltona auto insurance will be a little more affordable. But consider these statistics from recent years:
- The US average is $1,311 per year for car insurance premiums.
- In Florida the average is $1,742 per year.
- The state ranks 5th overall in car insurance cost because of this.
- Claimed loses came to $19,737,799 in Florida in recent years.
There are a lot of reasons why car insurance is so expensive, but it comes down to nearly unlimited liability in the case of an accident. Much more than the cost of replacing your car is the potential medical bills if you or anyone else is injured, which can be extremely expensive. Protecting yourself against this liability is the most important part of insurance.
Florida Car Insurance Requirements
Every car on the roads in Florida is required to have insurance. The minimums under law by category are:
- Bodily Injury Liability - State law requires a minimum of $10,000 per person covered and a minimum of $20,000 total for all persons injured in an accident.
- Property Damage Liability - The state requires a minimum of $20,000 in protection against damage to any property in an accident.
- Personal Injury Protection - This is also required for all motorists, with a minimum of $10,000 in protection against injury.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage - Coverage against uninsured drivers is not required in Florida, but you should seriously consider it.
These minimums may not be enough for you if you really depend on your car - and especially if you want to keep it looking great all the time. Comprehensive coverage will take care of everything for you, regardless of whether the damage came from an accident, theft, or vandalism. You can even choose to be covered for a rental car when yours is in the shop. It’s best to know all your options before comparing the coverages and making your choice.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in Florida
Despite the law requiring insurance, many drivers do not carry any. That’s one of the main reasons why car insurance is so expensive in Florida. The figures from recent years are:
- Nationally 12.6% of all drivers do not have insurance.
- In Florida, that figure is an incredible 23.8%.
With a one in four chance of being in an accident with a driver who has no insurance, you need to be protected. Uninsured motorist insurance pays off to you directly and takes care of suing the other driver who is responsible for an accident. Without this coverage, you would have to handle all of this yourself, which is a daunting prospect. It’s worth considering uninsured motorist coverage in Deltona.
Number of Auto Thefts in Florida
Of all the things you have to worry about on the road, you could still suffer a loss if your car is parked due to auto theft. The figures from recent years show that Florida is actually a little better than the national average:
- The US average is 2.94 thefts per 1,000.
- In Florida the rate is 2.46 per 1,000 cars.
There are many things you can do to not only protect your car from theft but to keep your car insurance cost lower. For example, if you have only on-street parking you may have a higher rate, so a garage will keep your car safe and lower your insurance cost. It’s also important to have a car with an alarm in it for the same reasons.
Find a Great Deltona Car Insurance Policy
Talk to an agent today to get the information you need to find the best coverage for your car and lifestyle at the best price possible. They can help you understand your options and get you quotes from a lot of different agencies to find the best insurance for you at the most affordable price possible.