Madison Heights is a mid-sized city and is part of the Detroit metro area. This suburb is racially diverse and offers a variety of restaurants and activities. If you’re one of the 30,039 residents living in Madison Heights, you’ll want to be sure your beloved home and its contents are protected from any unfortunate events. Whatever your home’s age or amenities, you should always consider finding affordable, reliable homeowners insurance.
If you’re not sure how to go about getting a homeowners policy, you can always call an independent insurance agent near you. An independent agent can get you lots of different home insurance quotes from high-quality companies. The best part is that an independent insurance agent won’t charge you any fees for their professional help.
Liability Insurance for Madison Heights, Michigan Homes
Another disaster that homeowners should always be cautious of is liability claims. That’s why it’s important for your home insurance to include personal liability coverage. The liability benefit that most property plans include will pay for legal fees, court costs, and damage settlements.
Mishaps and accidents usually happen when you least expect it. Here are some examples of common liability situations that homeowners face:
- Your child breaks the neighbor’s SUV window with a baseball.
- Your dog escapes the backyard and bites a delivery driver.
- Your best friend is visiting your home and accidentally breaks her foot.
- An untrimmed tree limb from your property scratches your neighbor’s car.
Check out your policy’s liability limits to be sure the coverage amount is good. Your independent insurance agent can go over your policy limits with you and answer questions. The agent may be able to increase your liability limits or get you an affordable umbrella policy for extra coverage.
Price of Homeowners Insurance in Madison Heights, Michigan
Michigan citizens are used to paying less for homeowners insurance than other states. However, Madison Heights home premiums are usually a bit higher than the surrounding neighborhoods.
- US average yearly premium: $1,173
- Michigan average yearly premium: $908
Remember, these average premiums are just to give you an idea of the price you might pay. Insurance costs are specific to each home, owner, and area.
- Madison Heights average home values: $154,097
- Michigan average home values: $176,977
- US average home values: $188,900
Your insurance agent will ask for lots of details about your house. This is information insurance carriers will use to calculate your insurance pricing:
- The homeowner’s credit score
- Claims history
- The home’s age and current market value
- Your home’s location (e.g., ZIP code, county)
- Materials used to build the home
- The home’s use: primary residence, vacation home, rental property
- The deductible amount selected
- Freestanding structures on the property (e.g., fences, garages, swimming pools)
Independent insurance agents in Madison Heights can help you sort through different homeowners policy options offered by reputable carriers. You can be sure to get high-quality homeowners insurance that fits your budget.
Number of Property Crimes in Madison Heights, Michigan
It’s always best to buy a comprehensive homeowners insurance plan no matter where you live. Property crimes happen everywhere, and your house could potentially be at risk.
- Average US burglary rate per 1,000 homes: 4.69
- Average MI burglary rate per 1,000 homes: 1.98
- Average Madison Heights burglary rate per 1,000 homes: 1.80
Every community works hard, among their citizens and residents, to make their neighborhoods safe. It’s always important to look out for yourself, your family, and your neighbors by taking action. Here are a few easy ways to keep thieves away:
- Lock your windows (home and garage) when you’re asleep or home.
- Keep lights on even when you aren’t home. Use an automatic timer so you don’t forget.
- Use deadbolts on all your outside doors for extra security.
- Make sure your sliding glass doors have great locks and security gadgets.
- Install a home security system that includes burglar alarms and cameras.
- If you’ll be away from home for more than a few days, make sure your mailbox won’t be overflowing with mail. Be sure your grass remains well-kept too.
Another benefit to securing your home is the policy discounts most insurance companies will be willing to give you. Property insurers like when homeowners have security cameras, burglar alarms, and even fire extinguishers. Talk with your insurance agent about how you might be able to get a premium discount for home safety measures. Don’t forget to ask your agent about flood insurance too.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Number of Catastrophes in Madison Heights, Michigan
Madison Heights is part of Oakland County. The area faces an average number of Midwestern weather catastrophes that can cause damage, particularly floods, storms, and tornadoes. Overall, the number of natural disasters in the Madison Heights area is a bit lower than the national average.
- Major catastrophes causing widespread loss in Michigan: 301
- Common causes of disasters in the state: floods and tornadoes
- Amount of US property losses paid in 2018: $1,354,075
Here’s how Madison Heights’s worst weather events break down.
- Storms: 5
- Floods: 5
- Tornadoes: 3
- Snowstorms: 2
Obviously, no matter what your hometown’s climate is like, it’s a great idea to invest in an excellent homeowners insurance plan. It’s a good idea to be prepared for the costly financial losses associated with risks like harsh weather, crimes, and fires. Not only will having a solid insurance policy give you peace of mind, it’ll also absorb most of the cost from a covered claim.
Give a local independent insurance agent a call today to talk about your home insurance policy needs. The sooner you do that, then the sooner your home will be protected. When you talk to your local agent, feel free to ask about car insurance and life insurance too.
Start Shopping for Madison Heights, Michigan Home Insurance
Exploring locally for the right policy at the right price is the best way to get a homeowners insurance plan. Of course, comparing multiple plans and premiums can take a lot of time and get frustrating. You’re busy, so make your life easier by working with a local independent insurance agent. Madison Heights agents know your community and understand your needs.
An independent agent will be glad to answer your questions, identify any risks you might encounter, and gather multiple insurance quotes from a variety of reliable insurers. The best part of working with an independent agent is that you don’t have to pay for their professional assistance.
Your home is your biggest investment, so talk today with an independent insurance agent about protecting your prized possession.