You might not associate an urban center like the “Big D” with motorhomes, but the generally mild climate and proximity to good RV parks makes Dallas popular with recreational vehicle owners. If you live in the area, you can search for the right Dallas, TX RV insurance for your needs and budget.
A member agent in the Trusted Choice® network can make it easy to find quality coverage at a competitive price. These member agents will promptly answer your coverage questions and help you compare Dallas motorhome insurance quotes as you search for the best policy for your RV usage. Find an agent today to get started on the road to better insurance.
Dallas RV Insurance Cost Estimates
- Texas required liability insurance minimums: $25,000 property damage coverage, $60,000 bodily injury coverage per accident, $30,000 bodily injury coverage per individual
- Estimated yearly RV insurance premiums: $800 to $2000
- Estimated cost of class A motorhome insurance: $1,000 to $1,300
- Estimated cost of class C RV insurance: $800 to $3,000
- Estimated cost of trailer or 5th wheel RV: $170 to $1,000
- Insurance from an RV rental company: $15 - $75 per day
If the your RV is motorized, you will need to purchase liability insurance for a variety of reasons. First, you have legal responsibility for property damage or bodily injury to third parties in an accident you cause, and you may face a lawsuit that could devastate your finances. Second, without liability insurance, you could face major fines and liscence suspension. Dallas even has a regulation that allows the police to impound your vehicle if you get stopped and cannot prove you have coverage.
If you own a camper that is towed behind a car or truck, you may be able to extend your automobile insurance to cover the trailer. A local agent can help you find the right coverage for your needs.
Save on RV Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Types of Recreational Vehicles Are There?
Your Dallas RV insurance rate may vary depending on the type of vehicle you own. If you are still shopping for an RV, you may want to get quotes now so you can factor coverage costs into your purchase price. In the end, insuring your RV can be a major financial commitment.
- Class A motorhomes: These motorhomes are the biggest RVs. They are both a vehicle and a self-contained home; they are popular with people who travel a lot or live in them full time.
- Class B motorhomes: These motorhomes are camper vans or conversion vans.
- Truck campers: These campers sit on the back of a truck, and sometimes come in a fifth-wheel variety.
- Trailer campers: These campers are towed behind a vehicle.
Save More Money with Motorhome Policy Discounts
Comparing quotes from various companies can help you save money on Dallas RV insurance. Some insurers offer discounts that can help you save even more. These discounts are similar to discounts for any type of vehicle insurance and may include the following:
- Multiple policy discount
- Discounts for vehicle safety systems
- Discounts for good driving history
- Discounts when you opt for automatic debits or payment in advance
Dallas RV Insurance Types
These are common RV insurance types that you either may select individually or buy packaged together. You can discuss these options with a local agent.
- Liability: For motorized vehicles, liability coverage has to meet or exceed state minimums. For towed campers, you might have enough liability coverage extended from your regular auto or truck insurance policy. Check with your agent as you may have to add your trailer to your auto insurance to get full coverage.
- Collision: Collision coverage insures your property if the vehicle is damaged in an accident.
- Comprehensive: Comprehensive coverage insures your property from other-than-collision damage from storms, thefts or vandalism. Since this city is in a region known as “Tornado Alley,” owners might be interested to know that this is the type of coverage you need to protect your RV from wind damage.
- Contents coverage: Contents coverage insures your personal belongings kept inside the RV.
Your agent may also offer you some other options in addition to basic coverage. For example, many insurers offer roadside assistance. An independent agent can help you understand your options and find you coverage that protects you when the unexpected happens.
Compare Dallas Motorhome Insurance Quotes
A city this size offers many choices when it comes to insuring your motorhome. However, it might be hard to figure out which insurance company and policy type to choose. An agent in the Trusted Choice network can advise you and provide you free competitive price quotes. Contact one of these local agents right away for help finding the Dallas RV insurance that you need.