Texas Mobile Home Insurance
(Learn how to find the right mobile home insurance.)
The companies that build mobile homes now use the term “manufactured home” to distinguish this type of housing from older versions that do not comply with current building codes. Today, many manufactured home neighborhoods are indistinguishable from traditional neighborhoods to a casual observer. However, because these homes are constructed differently, Texas mobile home insurance is different than traditional homeowners insurance.
Most people find that the best way to learn about mobile home insurance is from a professional who is knowledgeable and can provide free Texas manufactured home insurance quotes from multiple insurers. Unlike captive agents, an independent agent in the Trusted Choice network has access to a variety of companies, not just one. Find a local Trusted Choice member agent to determine which insurance company is right for you.
Mobile Home Insurance Costs
- Estimated cost of mobile home insurance: $1200/ $100,000 value
- Estimated cost of new mobile home insurance vs. home insurance: 50% of the cost for a similarly sized house
- Average Texas homeowners insurance premium: $1,560
Like most statistics, these are general in nature. The best way to pin down the precise cost of your insurance is to visit with a professional.
Two main advantages of purchasing new mobile homes are that they are less expensive and quicker construct than a traditional home. However, some insurers may consider them riskier to cover than conventional homes because they are built with different materials and to different specifications.
On the other hand, Fannie Mae reports that incorrect perceptions of modern manufactured homes could account for some of the higher rates. This illustrates the importance of finding a good insurer who thoroughly understands the manufactured housing market. A Trusted Choice network member agent can help.
Get Mobile Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Texas Mobile Home insurance Discounts
You may also be able to earn policy discounts to help reduce rates. Some of these discounts may be similar to typical homeowners insurance discounts:
- An anchored structure on a foundation in a secure area will likely be less expensive to cover than one that has just been set upon the ground. Your choice of mobile home parks may also affect your rates.
- Newer mobile homes, manufactured to the latest specifications, are regarded as superior to older models.
- Simple safety devices like burglar and fire alarms can reduce your damage risks and earn policy discounts.
If you are comparing prices for newer and older manufactured homes, it is a good idea to learn about insurance rates first. In fact, some older models may be uninsurable if they are out of compliance with new construction codes.
Modular Home vs. Manufactured Home
- Both mobile homes and manufactured homes are constructed in a factory and delivered to a home site. They are typically transported in one piece, or in the case of “double-wides,” they may be two.
- Modular homes consist of factory-built parts that are delivered to a site and assembled there.
Both modular and manufactured homes are increasingly popular housing alternatives in Texas. Modular homes may be considered less risky to cover because they are constructed on-site according to local building codes.
Many neighborhoods in the state have established deed restrictions, and you will have to check with the neighborhood association to see if modular or manufactured housing construction is permitted.
Texas Mobile Home Insurance Types
When you purchase your manufactured home insurance you will probably receive the details of the different types of coverage. You can discuss the specifics of any policy with your local agent to be certain that you understand what you are purchasing. They typically include the following:
- Homeowners liability
- Property damage
- Medical coverage
- Personal property
Compare Texas Manufactured Home Insurance Quotes
Finding the right coverage at the right price can be a fairly time-consuming task for the average consumer. A Trusted Choice member agent can make this job much easier by giving you free rate quotes and advice. Contact a local member agent today to learn more about Texas mobile home insurance.