If The Lone Star State was an independent country, the state’s economy would be larger than many other nations in the world. A large population, an abundance of natural resources, and a well-supported educational and business environment contribute to this large and diverse economy. Both large business executives and small business owners must concern themselves with finding the best Texas business insurance for their own unique needs.
Why ask a local independent Trusted Choice® network agent about business insurance? These professionals understand their communities and can provide personal service. As independent agents, they can offer free Texas commercial insurance quotes from multiple companies. At the end of the day, a member agent can save business owners money and time. Contact a Trusted Choice member agent today to learn more about the best ways to do both.
State Business Facts
- Total number of firms: 2,164,852
- Private business establishments (non-farm) with employees: 522,146
- Number of Fortune 500 company headquarters: 52
- State rank for U.S. small business growth: #1
- Estimated number of state farms and ranches: 919,990
- Top state Industries: Agriculture, Energy, Technology, Commerce
The state is especially famous for energy production, agriculture, and technology – including NASA in Clear Lake. It is tied with California as the host state of the most Fortune 500 companies, but showed the highest growth of small business in the nation during 2012.
Texas Business Insurance Costs
- Small business professional liability yearly cost estimate: $500 to $2,500
- Small business general liability yearly cost estimate : $500 to $15,000
- Health insurance estimate: $500/ individual to $12,000/family
No two local businesses have exactly the same coverage needs, though they may share some of the same business risks. Policy requirements and costs will depend on the type of business, company size, location, and many other factors.
You really cannot point to one average rate or one best insurer for all companies. The United States Small Business Administration urges business insurance buyers to shop around for the best price and plan. A local Trusted Choice network agent can assist with any step of this process, including assessing risks, selecting policy options, and comparing Texas commercial insurance quotes.
Common Types of Texas Business Insurance
Companies purchase business policies for different reasons.
- Obviously, the main function of commercial insurance is to minimize risks and protect a company when the unexpected happens.
- Firms also purchase policies to lower the cost of certain transactions. For example, lenders may offer lower interest rates if a company purchases a certain type of policy.
- Group insurance may help employees and employers build goodwill. A solid benefits package could also attract new employees.
- Some insurance, like worker’s compensation, is purchased to satisfy legal regulations and assist employees.
While many companies will share various concerns, they may also face different risks. Ranchers in the Valley may be particularly concerned about the threat of hailstorms damaging crops and livestock. Financial service providers in Houston or Dallas might worry more about professional liability than hailstorms. Technology startups in Austin may also be concerned about cybercrime. A good local indeoendent agent in the Trusted Choice network can help you assess your own company’s major risks and find the right policy to protect your bottom line.
These are some common types of commercial coverage that you might discuss with a local commercial agent.
- Property damage from fire, storms, accidents, and vandalism
- Liability in many forms, including product liability, accident/injury liability, libel, malpractice, professional liability, or “errors and omissions”
- Fraud, embezzlement, extortion, or theft
- Cybercrime and data loss
Employee Insurance Concerns
Group employee benefits may keep your workforce more satisfied, and it might also help attract higher-quality job applicants. Some common examples of group insurance benefits are health insurance, life insurance, retirement annuities, and disability insurance.
Depending on your company size, you may also be required to purchase workers compensation insurance. This type of business policy covers employee claims for on-the-job injuries or damages. A Trusted Choice member agent can also help you find group employee benefits insurance for your company.
Find Business Insurance in the Lone Star State
Finding the right business policies can be complicated and time consuming. To save time and money, consult with a local commercial agent in the Trusted Choice network. These independent professionals can offer you advice and free Texas commercial insurance quotes.
The right business policy can save you money and it may ultimately save your business. Contact a Trusted Choice member agent today to learn more about Texas business insurance options.