The area around this far west Texas border city presents plenty of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors. Various types of motorhomes are common sights from Big Bend National Park to the parking lots of concerts and sporting events. As a motorhome owner, it's a good idea to make sure that your insurance is up to date and adequate. You can find El Paso, TX RV insurance right here in the city.
A member agent in the Trusted Choice® network can assist you with all of your insurance needs. These member agents will help you select the right coverage and can answer your questions. With an independent agent, you can compare multiple El Paso motorhome insurance quotes to be sure you have the best insurance for your needs and budget. Contact a Trusted Choice member agent right away for helpful service and good prices.
RV Coverage Cost Estimates
- Estimated yearly RV insurance premiums : $800 to $2000
- Estimated cost of trailer or 5th wheel RV: $170 to $1,000
- Estimated cost of class A motorhome insurance: $1,000 to $1,300
- Estimated cost of class C RV insurance: $800 to $3,000
- Insurance from an RV rental company: $15 to $75 per day
- Texas required liability insurance minimums: $25,000 minimum property damage, $60,000 minimum bodily injury, subject to a limit of $30,000 minimum for each injured person
Note that rental company insurance may or may not include required minimum liability coverage. If you are caught without insurance, you can be subject to fines and other penalties in the state of Texas. If you have the required liability insurance purchased for your automobile or truck, your towed trailer camper might be covered under your auto policy. An agent in the Trusted Choice network can help you sort out what coverage you have and what coverage you still need for your RV.
Save on RV Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Types of Recreational Vehicles
Your El Paso RV insurance will depend on the type of RV you own. Consider some common types of RVs and motorhomes found on the road:
- Class A motorhomes: Functioning as both a vehicle and a home, these are the biggest motorhomes.
- Class B motorhomes: These are also called camper vans or conversion vans.
- Truck campers: Sometimes these are also called fifth-wheel trailers.
- Trailer campers: These are towed campers, similar to any trailer.
Motorhome Policy Discounts
You might be able to qualify for one or more El Paso RV insurance discounts that can reduce your policy costs, such as the following:
- Good driving history: Drivers without many prior claims, accidents or traffic tickets pay less.
- Multiple policy discounts: Insuring your other vehicles or your home with the same company might save you money on all of your coverages.
- Vehicle safety systems: Equipping your motorhome or trailer with a theft prevention system can reduce your risks and save you money on your insurance rates.
- Automatic debits or pay in advance: Many insurers will offer a small discount for paying in advance or setting up automatic debits.
Basic Types of El Paso RV Insurance
You might select individual coverage options or choose a plan that offers you a package of coverage. These are the basic types of coverage you will find in many plans:
- Collision: Insures your property if the vehicle is damaged in an accident
- Comprehensive or "other than collision": Covers your property from non-accident damage like storms, theft, or vandalism
- Contents: Insures the things you keep inside your RV; this coverage may be more important in a motorhome than a traditional vehicle because your RV is likely to contain more of your personal belongings
- Liability: This coverage may have to meet or exceed state minimum vehicle liability insurance; in some cases, you might be able to extend your other vehicle’s coverage
Your local agent may also introduce you to some additional policy options intended to increase your benefits. For example, El Paso is a border city. This means that many residents travel across state or even national borders. This can complicate any type of vehicle insurance.
Roadside assistance is an additional option you can get to protect your motorhome. A motorhome can have problems just like a car can. This option can help you get a tow, a jump or a tire change when you have a problem on the road.
Compare El Paso Motorhome Insurance Quotes
Shopping for the right coverage does not have to be a complex task. As an RV owner, it's a good idea to ensure that you have the appropriate coverage for your RV, and you have many options available to you right here in the city.