Rhode Island is a beautiful state for recreation, especially if you have an all-terrain vehicle, or ATV, such as a quad, side-by-side, UTV, or 3-wheeler. While there are some restrictions as to where you can ride, there are great trail-riding opportunities in Newport, near Narragansett, or in the Burrillville area. Anywhere you go can be fun, but because there are other riders and obstacles along the way, there can be some significant risks too. Whether you use your ATV for work or leisure, make sure you’re prepared with the right Rhode Island ATV insurance to protect your investment.
Rhode Island ATV Safety Facts
- Eight people since 1982 have died in RI from ATV accidents, which is among the lowest fatality rates in the U.S. during this time.
- Helmet use for ATV riders in RI is required by state law.
- All riders in RI between ages 16 and 18 must have a license to cross highways.
- No one under age 16 may cross a highway on an ATV at any time.
- ATVs are forbidden on lands run by the state environmental management department, and on streets and highways, except to cross.
What Is Rhode Island ATV Insurance?
Whether you drive a UTV, a quad, a 3-wheeler or a side-by-side, there is a Rhode Island ATV insurance policy available for you. ATV insurance works much the same way as an automobile policy works. The coverage protects your from damage or loss to your ATV in an accident, or can help you pay medical costs and legal fees that may be associated with an ATV accident in which you are found to be at fault. Here are some of your options:
- Liability coverage is for an accident you cause. It typically covers third-party bodily injury claims, property damage claims, and can also pay for your legal defense.
- Comprehensive coverage pays for damage to your ATV after a deductible is paid, due to theft, falling objects, hail, colliding an object, or hitting an animal.
- Collision coverage will pay for damages to or replacement of your ATV as the result of an accident, after paying a deductible.
- Other coverages, like medical payments, underinsured motorist, and roadside assistance coverage are available, in case your ATV becomes disabled while on the trails.
How Much Does Rhode Island ATV Insurance Cost?
In general, you may find that Rhode Island ATV insurance is very affordable, though rates will vary by carrier, your location and how you use the vehicle. If your vehicle is used for farming or ranching on your own property, and does not leave the property, your coverage will be very cheap, as your risk of a claim will be very low. But if your use the vehicle every weekend for hunting or trail-riding, you will likely pay a little bit more.
However, there are several other factors that go into this as well, such as your driving record, your age and gender, where you live, the age and value of the vehicle, and how much coverage you would need to be adequately protected.
How to Get Customized ATV Insurance Quotes
To get accurate Rhode Island ATV insurance quotes for coverage that fits your lifestyle, contact a local agent in the Trusted Choice® insurance network. An independent agent can shop a number of companies, and provide you with side-by-side comparisons of coverage and benefits, so you can make an informed choice. Protect your ATV, your summer fun, and your financial life with quality ATV insurance today.