In 2019, South Dakota had $2,227,477,000 in commercial insurance claims paid alone. If you're a physician, you'll need numerous policies to be adequately insured. Anesthesiologist liability insurance can help pay for a loss that could otherwise halt your practice.
An independent insurance agent can help with coverage and premium options that fit your needs. They do the shopping at no additional cost so that you have an adviser in your corner for free. Connect with a local expert to get started.
What Is Anesthesiologist Liability Insurance?
If you're a South Dakota anesthesiologist, liability insurance will protect your practice from a significant loss. A lot can go wrong with a patient that's not anticipated. Your anesthesiologist liability insurance will cover a lawsuit arising out of the following.
- General liability claim
- Malpractice liability claim
What Does Anesthesiologist Liability Insurance Cover in South Dakota?
In South Dakota, anesthesiologist liability insurance will come in several forms. Some will apply to your operation and should be reviewed carefully. Take a look at some coverage options below.
You'll want general liability insurance as an anesthesiologist. This is the primary form of liability coverage for your practice, and it provides the following.
- Bodily injury coverage
- Property damage coverage
- Libel or slander coverage
Malpractice liability insurance is another necessary form of coverage for an anesthesiologist. If you cause damage at any time, you could be on the hook. Take a peek at what a policy could include.
- Assault coverage for claims made against you or your staff
- License protection coverage
- Damage to the property of others
- First aid coverage
- Legal representation
- Defendant expense benefits
- Personal liability coverage
- Personal injury protection
- Medical payment protection
All businesses, big and small, will benefit from having a commercial umbrella policy. This adds an extra layer of protection for your anesthesiologist practice. Check out how it works.
- Additional coverage for bodily injury
- Additional coverage for property damage
- Additional coverage for libel and slander
What Does Anesthesiologist Liability Insurance Not Cover?
Commercial policies will have exclusions no matter what. In South Dakota, it's no different, and your insurance won't protect against everything. Check out some standard anesthesiologist liability exclusions.
- Business property: This falls under a business property policy
- Equipment: This falls under an equipment breakdown policy
- Employee wages: This will fall under workers' compensation insurance in some cases
- Vehicles: This will fall under a commercial auto policy
- Floods: This is a separate flood policy
- Earthquakes: This is a separate earthquake policy
Save on Professional Liability Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Do Anesthesiologists Need Malpractice Insurance in South Dakota?
Medical malpractice insurance is necessary for any doctor in South Dakota. If you're working for a hospital, they will likely require you to carry some form of coverage if the facility does not already provide it. Check out how it works.
- Malpractice occurs when a doctor or healthcare provider deviates from the medical community's usual standards and causes injury or death to the patient.
How Much Do Anesthesiologist Pay for Malpractice Insurance in South Dakota?
The cost of any insurance policy will vary. From general liability to commercial auto, your business coverage rates are specific to you. Take a look at what affects your malpractice costs below.
- Your safety practices
- Prior malpractice claims
- How experienced you are as a doctor
- How your office is set up
- How much coverage you select
- What you allow your staff to do
- Your gross annual sales
- Your financial practices
How to Connect with a South Dakota Independent Agent
In South Dakota, your commercial coverage is essential to avoid financial ruin. With all the policies out on the market today, you might need some help identifying what applies to you. Anesthesiologist liability insurance is broad and comes in many forms.
An independent insurance agent will review your coverage for free so that you can know what's needed. They work with several carriers, giving you the best policy for an affordable cost. Connect with an independent insurance agent for details.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.