Athens has a mild climate, a low cost of living and very affordable housing. As a result, though it is primarily a college-town, it attracts many young families. If you are a resident of this city and have a spouse, children, or other loved ones who depend on your income, you may want to consider purchasing an Athens, GA life insurance policy.
Athens is home to many independent insurance agents in the Trusted Choice® network. These insurance professionals can make the task of finding a suitable life insurance policy easier for you. Your local member agent can help you assess your coverage needs can advise you on the best type of policy for your needs and budget. Because agents in the Trusted Choice network do not work for any one insurance company, they can provide you with a variety of competitively-priced Athens life insurance quotes.
- Life expectancy rates for males
- In the United States: 76.2 years
- In Georgia: 75.0 yearso
- In Clarke County: 74.9 years
- Life expectancy rates for females
- In the United States: 81.3 years
- In Georgia: 79.9 years
- In Clarke County: 80.1
Illnesses and accidents can strike unexpectedly, so it is best to be prepared for the possibility of an untimely death with a life insurance policy.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
Why Purchase Athens Life Insurance?
If you are one of the many Athens residents who have dependents or spouses, life insurance is a smart investment. If you were to suddenly pass away, would your spouse be forced to move to more affordable housing? Would your kids be able to afford a quality educationn?
Leading Causes of Premature Death in Clarke County
- There were 650 deaths in the county in 2011
- Of these, 288 were residents aged 20 to 74
- Cardiovascular disease caused 71 deaths
- Cancer caused 70 deaths
- Accidents resulted in 44 deaths
An Athens life insurance policy may provide you with peace of mind that your loved ones will be provided for after you’re gone. When it comes to life insurance, it is advisable to purchase your policy sooner rather than later. This is because policy rates are lowest when you are young and in good health. Also, if you are diagnosed with a chronic or fatal illness, you may discover that rates are very expensive, or that you have a hard time finding coverage.
Athens, Georgia Life Insurance Policy Types
When you purchase life insurance, you will need to choose between two basic policy types. Each has different advantages, as follows:
- Term life: This is a temporary policy purchased for a certain amount of time, or “term.” Most people purchase term insurance for a period of 5 to 30 years. If you should pass away during the course of the term, your beneficiaries will receive funds in the amount that you purchased. When the term is up, the policy expires.
- Permanent life: These policies, including universal life and whole life insurance, allow you to lock in rates and keep your policy for as long as you continue to make payments on your premiums. Though they are more expensive than term policies, they can serve as an investment vehicle. These policies build up a cash-value over time that you can use in various ways; in some cases, you may be able to pay your premium with the accrued cash value on the policy.Your current financial situation, your long-term coverage needs and your personal preference should all factor in to your life insurance investment. An agent in the Trusted Choice network can help you evaluate each option by answering your questions and providing you with rate quotes.
How Much Does Athens Life Insurance Cost?
A fairly large term policy for a young parent may only cost a few dollars a month. On the other hand, a permanent policy with the potential to grow a cash value may cost hundreds of dollars a month. The insurance company you choose will evaluate several things when they issue you a rate quote, including:
- Your age
- You and your family’s health history
- Where you live
- Whether you are married or not
Your employment statuYou will likely need to take a medical exam for the Athens life insurance company you choose – but there are some options that don’t require an exam. Keep in mind that no-exam life insurance policies tend to be the most expensive, as the insurance company charges you more for a policy when they don’t know your health history.
Compare Athens Life Insurance Quotes
Life insurance is a complex topic. A local agent in the Trusted Choice network can make the task of searching for the right policy much easier. These agents will be available to help you determine your coverage needs, answer your questions and assist as you compare policies.
Because they are independent insurance professionals, Trusted Choice member agents have the freedom to shop the market for the best value. There are more than 22,000 member agencies in the Unites States, and many can be found right here in Athens. Contact a member agent close to home to obtain a variety of Athens life insurance quotes.