Tooele, UT, is known for its mountainous views and Army Depot. Home to the Great Salt Lake, making it a sight to see.
When you drive the streets of Tooele, you'll need a trusted adviser. An independent insurance agent can help you find car coverage for a low price. You can connect easily with a local expert fast.
Does Your Tooele, UT, Car Policy Have the Right Coverage?
If you're driving without adequate protection, you could be responsible financially. When an accident occurs, you'll want coverage for your vehicle's repair or replacement. Insurance for your car and roadside assistance will need to be added. Take a look at what's not automatically on your car policy:
- Medical payments coverage: This will pay for a smaller medical expense when you're in an at-fault accident.
- Tow coverage: This will pay for the tow of a covered auto.
- Rental car coverage: This will provide reimbursement for a rental vehicle when your covered auto is damaged.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists (UM/UIM): This coverage will pay for your expenses when you get into an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. The national percentage of uninsured motorists is 13.0%. In Utah, the rate of uninsured drivers is at 8.2%
- Comprehensive coverage: This will pay for property damage to your car that is hit by an unavoidable object.
- Collision coverage: This pays for property damage to your vehicle in the event of a crash.
- Gap coverage: This pays for the difference between your car loan and your vehicle's market value due to a total loss.
If you want a car policy that has the right insurance, get with an expert. A local independent agent can help find the coverage you need. Contact a Tooele adviser to get started.
Is Car Insurance Required in Tooele, UT?
Most states require auto insurance. Similar to workers' compensation, coverage is mandatory in Tooele, UT. Minimum limits are acceptable, according to the law. However, that will likely not be enough coverage. Check out the requirements in Tooele, UT:
- A minimum liability of $25,000 per person/$65,000 per accident/ $15,000 property damage.
If you have an average-sized claim, you might pay out of pocket for part of a loss. To get the best policy, you'll need an independent agent to quote adequate limits.
How Will Crime in Tooele, UT, Impact Your Car Premiums?
Crime in any city will affect insurance premiums. Carriers use local activity, and the number of claims filed to help determine the cost. Let's take a peek at the theft rates across the board:
- National average: 228.9
- Utah average: 244.5
When you're not sure how theft will impact your policy, speak to an adviser about bundling. If you bundle your auto and home insurance, you can save big. Most carriers offer 30% or more off of your annual premiums. Talk with a Tooele independent agent on more ways to cut costs.
You Might Not Have Coverage When You Drive for Uber in Tooele, UT
Contrary to popular belief, most insureds will not have coverage on their personal auto policies for business operations. When you drive for Uber or Lyft, it's considered a livery-for-hire or rideshare service. Your regular auto policy will not respond to a claim when there is this kind of exposure.
Ask an adviser about commercial auto insurance. This policy will provide the right coverage for your business. Contact a Tooele independent agent for quotes.
Save Big on Your Tooele, UT, Car Insurance
Car insurance premiums are personalized and unique to you. There are certain things you can do to get the lowest price. An independent agent can show you what areas to improve first for the most effect. In the meantime, take a look at a few of the items companies use for rating:
- The coverages you choose
- Your claims history
- Your credit score
- Your insurance score
- Your motor vehicle record (MVR)
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Severe weather and catastrophes
- Local crime
A professional may recommend starting with improving your credit score and loss history. The better your credit and the fewer your claims, the lower your premiums. Connect with a Tooele independent agent for more ways to save.
Why You Need a Tooele, UT, Independent Insurance Agent
When you work with an independent insurance agent, you get the best of both worlds. Since they have access to several carriers, they can find the best coverage and pricing in town.
An independent agent shops and compares on your behalf for free. Use the find-an-agent tool on TrustedChoice.com to connect with a local expert in minutes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.