There are over 512,348 small businesses in Indiana. If you run a chiropractic office, your business coverage is essential. Chiropractic liability insurance can help you pay for a lawsuit.
An independent insurance agent has options on policy and premiums. They work with several carriers so that you'll have choices. Connect with a local expert to start saving today.
What Does Chiropractors Liability Insurance Cover?
Your Indiana chiropractors liability insurance will have coverage for a variety of claims. There are multiple liability options for you to choose from when insuring your practice. Take a look at some policies you can obtain.
General liability insurance will cover
- Bodily injury coverage
- Property damage coverage
- Slander coverage
Malpractice liability insurance will cover
- Assault coverage for claims made against you or your staff
- License protection coverage
- Damage to the property of others
- First aid coverage
- Legal representation
- Defendant expense benefits
- Personal liability coverage
- Personal injury protection
- Medical payment protection
Umbrella liability insurance will cover
- Additional coverage for bodily injury
- Additional coverage for property damage
- Additional coverage for slander
What Does Chiropractors Liability Insurance Not Cover?
Like any business insurance policy, your chiropractors liability insurance will have exclusions. It won't insure everything, and understanding what it doesn't cover is key. Check out some standard chiropractors liability exclusions.
- Business property: This falls under a business property policy
- Equipment: This falls under an equipment breakdown policy
- Employee wages: This will fall under workers' compensation insurance in some cases
- Vehicles: This will fall under a commercial auto policy
- Floods: This is a separate flood policy
- Earthquakes: This is a separate earthquake policy
All carriers are different and have unique offerings. Some policies may include the above coverages, while others will not. Separate insurance can easily be obtained for most exclusions.
Are Chiropractors Required to Carry Malpractice Insurance?
As chiropractic services become the new trend, more malpractice claims arise. When you're a doctor anywhere, you'll want adequate protection for a lawsuit. Most chiropractors will carry this policy type.
- Malpractice occurs when a doctor, healthcare provider, or chiropractor deviates from the medical community's usual standards and causes injury or death to the patient.
In Indiana, you're not typically required to carry medical malpractice insurance as a chiropractor. However, it is necessary if you don't want to come out of pocket for a client's injury. Even if you're not at fault, you'll still have to represent your defense.
How Much Do Chiropractors Pay for Malpractice Insurance?
The cost of your malpractice insurance in Indiana will vary. Similar to your other business insurance policies, pricing is customized to your specifics. Take a look at what affects your malpractice premiums below.
- Your safety practices
- Prior malpractice claims
- How experienced you are as a chiropractor
- How your office is set up
- How much coverage you select
- What you allow your staff to do
- Your gross annual sales
It will only take one client that has an accident while under your care, and you could be out thousands of dollars. The best protection is by being proactive. When you have the right insurance in place, you'll be covered for a loss.
How to Connect with an Indiana Independent Agent
In Indiana, your business insurance matters. If you run a practice that helps ailing patients, your livelihood and reputation are on the line. Chiropractors liability insurance can help cover all the what-ifs.
An independent insurance agent will have access to several carriers so that you can get quotes locally. Since they do the work on your behalf, you'll save time and money. Connect with an expert on TrustedChoice.com for custom insurance.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.