As a chiropractor, you’re familiar with the ways a person’s health can get out of whack, but as a business owner, you might not realize that your business is vulnerable, too. Everything from fires to lawsuits can throw a wrench in things, but luckily, chiropractic insurance can help.
Chiropractic insurance helps cover your expenses if things go sideways, which helps keep your business in the black, and helps you help more patients. That’s a win-win-win. Our independent insurance agents are here to help you craft the perfect plan, so you can keep cracking backs in peace.
What Is Chiropractic Insurance?
In short, it’s a special policy that covers all aspects of your chiropractic business. Most business policies focus property and general liability, but chiropractic insurance also covers medical malpractice in case you accidentally harm a patient.
Why Do I Need Chiropractic Insurance?
- Because all businesses carry risk: Natural disaster, fire and thieves are all sneaky jerks who could damage or destroy your office and equipment without warning.
- Because patients’ health is in your hands: No matter how skilled you are, you could make a mistake that hurts someone. A patient could be also hurt by an equipment malfunction or pre-existing condition that you have no control over.
- Because bankruptcy is never fun: Worst-case scenarios for both of the above could plunge your business deep into the red—and maybe even force you to close.
No matter how small your chiropractic practice is, you should always have it insured. Medical malpractice is no joke—insurance helps you handle it without hamstringing your business and draining your bank account.
What Does Chiropractic Insurance Cover?
A good chiropractic insurance plan includes the following types of coverage:
- Business and property: This is vanilla coverage that covers basic business risks like fire and theft.
- General liability: This is also pretty vanilla—it covers your expenses in situations where someone is harmed on your property, like if someone trips over an extension cord or gets a nasty paper cut from a file folder.
- Professional liability: This covers damages (like those awarded in a lawsuit) if someone is harmed by your care. It’s the most important kind of coverage for a chiropractic practice.
How Much Does Chiropractic Insurance Cost?
You can expect to pay thousands per year in premiums for a small practice and significantly more if you’re a large practice (or chain of practices) with lots of chiropractors and patients.
The Benefits of Working With an Independent Agent
Most chiropractic insurance will be sold to you in a “program,” a pre-made bundle of policies designed to meet the needs of most chiropractic practices. Since your practice may have unique risks and needs, it’s important to double-check that all the bases are covered.
Luckily, you don’t have to go it alone. Our independent insurance agents will help you find the perfect policy while cutting the jargon and clarifying the fine print, so you know exactly what you’re getting.
Finding Chiropractic Insurance Quotes
Quick insurance quotes are great, but when it comes to chiropractic insurance, it’s worth waiting for the accurate number. Our independent agents go beyond algorithms: they learn your business inside and out so they can get you more coverage for less in premiums.