South Carolina has roughly 418,031 small businesses that are in existence today. If you're one of them, proper protection for your livelihood is essential. Real estate firm insurance can cover your operation for all the what-ifs.
An independent insurance agent will review your current coverage to ensure you are getting the best policy. They work hard filling any gaps in protection and saving you money. Connect with a local expert for tailored quotes.
What Is Real Estate Firm Insurance?
If you own and operate a South Carolina real estate firm, some coverages will be required. Other policies won't be mandated but necessary to avoid financial ruin. Your insurance should cover every risk exposure your business has. Check out what real estate firm insurance can cover.
- Bodily injury
- Errors and omissions
- Property damage
- Employment practices
- Employee injuries or illness
- Cyber crime
- Theft and vandalism
What Does Real Estate Firm Insurance Cover?
One coverage your South Carolina real estate firm will be required to carry is errors and omissions insurance. This, among several other policies, will provide protection for future loss. The best course of action is to review the below coverages with a licensed professional for accuracy.
Real estate firm insurance options
- Errors and omissions insurance: Pays for negligence, personal injury, and consulting lawsuits of a client.
- General liability insurance: Pays for bodily injury or property damage claims where you and your employees are responsible.
- Business interruption: This will pay for regular business expenses when you are temporarily shut down due to a covered loss.
- Commercial property insurance: Pays for building, equipment, and inventory damage from a covered loss.
- Crime insurance: Pays for a claim involving forgery, fraud, or theft to your company.
- Commercial auto insurance: Pays for an auto accident involving a company vehicle.
- Workers' compensation insurance: Pays for an employee's medical expenses resulting from an injury or illness on the job.
Save on Business Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Much Is Real Estate Firm Insurance in South Carolina?
Like all of your commercial insurance policies, premiums vary. The price you will pay for coverage will be specific and unique to your operation. Carriers look at many items when figuring your costs. The top factors companies look for when it comes to your real estate firm are the following.
- Prior claims reported
- Number of years in the industry
- Operation practices for transactions
- Business practices as a Firm
- If you have employees
- The value of property owned
- Hours of operation
- Financial practices as a firm
If you obtain quotes, you can get exact pricing for your firm. Until then, discuss bundling your policies with the same carrier. This will give you an instant discount of usually 30% or more.
Will My Property Locations Impact My Rates?
Your location will affect your coverage and premiums when it comes to insurance. With South Carolina having $5,928,911,000 for commercial insurance claims paid in 2019, you'll want to save where you can. Companies review how risky of an area your real estate firm resides in and charge accordingly. Check out what territory factors carriers use when rating your policies.
- Local crime rate
- Local natural disasters reported
- Local claims reported by other insureds
- Flood zone assigned
How an Independent Insurance Agent Can Help
The right coverage for your business can be challenging to understand when you're not a trained professional. With so many policy options, it can be confusing to know what's best. Real estate firm insurance will make or break your operation.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can help you obtain the right coverage for an affordable price. They work with multiple carriers so that you're always getting a good deal. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice.com to get started.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.