In 2019, Tennessee had $6,317,565,000 in commercial insurance claims paid alone. If you run a business, you'll have several exposures that need to be covered. Chiropractors liability insurance will protect your practice from a loss.
An independent insurance agent can help with policy and premium options for an affordable price. They do the shopping on your behalf so that you can get back to what matters. Connect with a local adviser for coverage.
What Does Chiropractors Liability Insurance Cover in Tennessee?
Your Tennessee chiropractors liability insurance can come in many forms. Take a look at some coverage options below.
You'll want general liability insurance for your chiropractic office. This is the primary form of liability coverage for your practice, and it provides the following.
- Bodily injury coverage
- Property damage coverage
- Slander coverage
Malpractice liability insurance is another necessary form of coverage for a chiropractor. If you cause damage at any time, you could be on the hook. Take a peek at what a policy could include.
- Assault coverage for claims made against you or your staff
- License protection coverage
- Damage to the property of others
- First aid coverage
- Legal representation
- Defendant expense benefits
- Personal liability coverage
- Personal injury protection
- Medical payment protection
All businesses, big and small, will benefit from having a commercial umbrella policy. This adds an extra layer of protection for your chiropractic business. Check out how it works.
- Additional coverage for bodily injury
- Additional coverage for property damage
- Additional coverage for libel or slander
What Does Chiropractors Liability Insurance Not Cover In Tennessee?
All Tennessee business insurance policies come with a list of exclusions. Your chiropractor's liability insurance won't cover everything, and it's important to understand how it works. Check out some standard chiropractors liability exclusions.
- Business property: This falls under a business property policy
- Equipment: This falls under an equipment breakdown policy
- Employee wages: This will fall under workers' compensation insurance in some cases
- Vehicles: This will fall under a commercial auto policy
- Floods: This is a separate flood policy
- Earthquakes: This is a separate earthquake policy
Are Chiropractors Required to Carry Malpractice Insurance in Tennessee?
Medical malpractice insurance is a vital policy for any Tennessee physician. It will protect your business from a lawsuit arising out of negligence or poor care. Without it, you run the risk of being sued by an injured patient. While it's necessary, it's usually not a requirement in Tennessee unless you work for a practice that needs proof of insurance.
- Malpractice occurs when a doctor, healthcare provider, or chiropractor deviates from the medical community's usual standards and causes injury or death to the patient.
How Much Do Chiropractors Pay for Malpractice Insurance in Tennessee?
The cost of any insurance policy, from general liability to professional liability, will vary. There are several risk factors that carriers look for when rating your coverage. You won't know the exact costs until you obtain quotes. Take a look at what affects your malpractice costs below.
- Your safety practices
- Prior malpractice claims
- How experienced you are as a chiropractor
- How your office is set up
- How much coverage you select
- What you allow your staff to do
- Your gross annual sales
How to Connect with a Tennessee Independent Agent
When you're searching for the perfect Tennessee coverage, consider using a licensed professional. Adequate protection is necessary to avoid financial ruin. Chiropractors liability insurance can shoulder a loss that could otherwise put you out of business.
An independent insurance agent will have access to several carrier options so that you can save big time. They do the comparison shopping for you at no additional cost. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice.com to start saving today.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.