The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but sometimes obstacles can get in the way. When the city of Shreveport was established, this obstacle was the Red River. To resolve the problem, early settlers built the Red River Bridge to connect Bossier City with their newly-built town. In everyday life, you are likely to face obstacles that seem to get in the way of important tasks, like purchasing Shreveport, LA life insurance. Although it is something you probably know you should do, it just seems to move farther and farther down on your to-do list.
Major Health Concerns in Shreveport
- Breast cancer average death rate: 35 per 100,000 people
- Colorectal cancer average death rate: 30 per 100,000 people
- About 25% of this city’s population smokes cigarettes
- Approximately 35% of this city’s population is obese
Why Do I Need Shreveport Life Insurance?
Life insurance works just like any other insurance policy; it is protection against the unexpected. While chances are statistically high that you will live well into your golden years, a sudden accident or a severe illness has the potential to cut your life short. If this happens, your loved ones will be responsible for closing out your estate and managing on their own. Do they have the funds to do this?
A Shreveport life insurance policy can provide those you leave behind with financial security. A policy can potentially pay your children’s way through college or permit your spouse to pay off the mortgage. It can provide the funds needed for childcare or can cover your debts and funeral expenses. It is just important that you have the foresight to purchase enough coverage to adequately provide for your loved ones.
When it comes to life insurance, it is never a good idea to procrastinate. If you wait too long to purchase a policy, you may find yourself uninsurable or might find it cost-prohibitive to purchase a policy that provides enough coverage. The younger and healthier you are when you purchase your policy, the lower your rates will be.
What Types of Shreveport Life Insurance Are Available??
When you are ready to purchase a policy, you may find it hard to decide which type of policy is the better choice for you. Many people have difficulty with this decision. Several factors can influence your choice, including your financial situation and your coverage needs, but ultimately, it comes down to your own personal preference. There is no right or wrong decision about which type of policy to buy. Your options are:
- Permanent life insurance: These policies include whole life insurance and universal life insurance, which have differing options. Permanent life policies will stay in effect for as long as you continue to make payments on your premiums. You can lock in a low rate while you are very young and can keep your insurance at this rate for the duration of your life. These policies also accrue a cash value that can be collected or borrowed against at any time so many people treat permanent life insurance as an investment vehicle.
- Term life insurance: These policies are valid only for a given number of years, or a term. Some people prefer to purchase a 30-year term policy when they purchase a home or after their first child is born. Or, you may want to purchase a 5-year term policy when your children start college if you are concerned that your passing might prevent them from being able to finish their studies. These policies expire at the end of their term and cannot be renewed. If you still have the need for coverage, you will need to purchase a new policy that will likely come at a much higher rate.
Each of these policy types has its own advantages. Permanent life has the advantage of providing an investment component and does not expire. Term life, on the other hand, is far less expensive so you have the opportunity to purchase high levels of coverage at low, affordable rates, and you can have that coverage during the years when it is most necessary. Most people who purchase term life insurance do so with the expectation that by the time their policy expires, their house will be paid off and their children will be grown and independent.
Finding Affordable Shreveport Life Insurance
For some people, fear that the added cost of a life insurance premium will be too much to handle prevents them from making the purchase that could benefit their family the most. It is actually quite possible to find life insurance at a rate you can easily afford, especially when you have the right kind of help. By working with an agent, you will be able to compare multiple Shreveport life insurance quotes. A member agent can help you establish goals and find an affordable plan that provides benefits that are sufficient to meet your family’s needs.
Locate an independent agent in or near your ZIP code today to get started.