Home to 36,000 residents, Lewiston is the second-largest city in the state. Known for its low crime-rate, multi-cultural city and low cost of living, its no wonder why so many have decided to call it home. It's important to protect your house with a reliable home insurance policy.
An independent insurance agent can help you find the best coverage. They work with numerous carriers and can get you a competitive price, so you won’t break the bank. Connect with an agent in Lewiston, ME, today to get started.
Does Property Crime Impact Your Lewiston, ME, Homeowners Insurance?
The local crime rate in Lewiston will impact your home insurance premium. Insurance companies take into account the number of crime-related claims that are made in the area to set your rate.
(rate per 100,000 people)
- National average rate of burglary: 376
- Maine average rate of burglary: 202.7
- Lewiston, ME average rate of burglary: 246.1
Even with a low crime rate, it’s a good idea to be prepared for a break-in. Your homeowners insurance policy will cover you in ways, such as:
- Pay for any medical expenses
- Replace or rebuild any damaged or stolen property
- If your house becomes unlivable, your hotel or rental home will be paid for
Talk with an independent agent to find out how the crime rates will impact your home premium.
Does Your Homeowners Insurance Protect You against Common Disasters in Lewiston, ME?
Your home insurance policy will protect you against most of the common disasters you face as a homeowner in Lewiston.
- The average number of tornadoes per year: 2
- The most common natural disaster: Severe storms
- The number of claims paid in 2016: $131,123,000
- The number of federally declared catastrophes since 1953: 62
You’ll want to make sure your home policy has enough coverage for all the catastrophic claims. Severe weather, fire, and vandalism are some of the main risks you face.
Most common property hazards in Lewiston, ME
- Severe storms
- Heavy snow
- Hurricanes and tropical storms.
One of the top risks in Lewiston is flooding. Unfortunately, your homeowners policy doesn’t include flood damage. You’ll need to purchase a flood insurance policy to protect your home. Enlist an independent insurance agent to help find the coverage you need.
Liability Insurance and Your Lewiston, ME, Home
When you purchase a home insurance policy, it will also include personal liability insurance. This will protect you against a lawsuit if you’re held responsible for negligence on your property. Your liability insurance will also cover:
- Injury to another person
- A dog bite claim
- Damage to another party’s property
- Slander or bullying caused by you or a member of your household
It's important to remember that your liability policy will have limits. Once it has been maxed out, you’ll be responsible for footing the bill. Purchasing an umbrella policy will keep you financially secure once you’ve exceeded your liability insurance limit. Chat with an independent insurance agent to go over what makes sense for your home.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Lewiston, ME?
The good news is that Maine is the 42nd most expensive place to have homeowners insurance, which means your price will be much lower compared to the rest of the US.
- National average yearly premium: $1,211
- Maine average yearly premium: $882
- Lewiston, ME, average yearly premium: $764
Your rate is going to look different than your neighbor's, however. That’s because insurance companies have different calculations related to specific factors about you. Insurers may look into things, like:
- Your claims history and credit score
- How much it will cost to rebuild or replace your home
- Type of material, age, and ZIP code of your home
- The amount of coverage you’ve selected
It’s always a good idea to comparison shop before you purchase your policy. An independent insurance agent will do this for you by working with numerous insurers until you find a competitive price with the coverage you need.
Why Work with a Lewiston, ME Independent Agent?
Because it's easy. They’ll save you the hassle of shopping for insurance on your own and will do the job for you. Connect with an independent insurance agent in Lewiston, Maine, to get started.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.