Hallandale Beach, FL is home to numerous small businesses, many of which cater to the tourists that flock to its beautiful beaches. If you are among the proud business owners in this coastal city, you can benefit from covering your investment in your company with a comprehensive bundle of business insurance policies.
Choosing the right products to include in your business insurance policy package can be confusing, but you don't need to do it alone. Independent insurance agents in Hallandale Beach can help by identifying your company’s specific risks and advising you about the right policies to cover against each of them. Find an insurance agent near you to learn more.
Why Is Liability Insurance Important for Businesses in Hallandale Beach?
Liability insurance is an essential part of every business insurance policy package. It is designed to cover court costs, legal fees, and financial damages if your business is sued for a covered event. All business insurance policies include, at the very least, commercial general liability insurance (CGL). This standard coverage has a few main components:
- Premises liability insurance: This covers third-party injuries, illnesses, and property damage when they occur due to an incident on your business property.
- Product liability insurance: This covers third-party injuries, illnesses and property damage when they are caused by defects in products your business produces, sells, or promotes.
- Advertising liability insurance: This covers against lawsuits related to deceptive pricing, copyright infringement, and other advertising-related judgment errors.
In most cases, CGL alone cannot cover against all potential liability risks. An independent insurance agent can help you identify any other liability exposures your business may have, and can recommend the appropriate policies to cover against them. Examples of some of the many commercial liability insurance products available to your Hallandale Beach business include:
- Employment practices liability insurance: This covers lawsuits related to accusations of perceived illegal business practices such as harassment, discrimination, breach of contract, providing a hostile work environment, and wrongful termination.
- Environmental liability insurance: This covers businesses that use or produce toxic substances. It can pay for clean-up costs and damages if an accident leads to the pollution of the ground, water, or air.
- Cyber liability insurance: This covers businesses against financial losses and liabilities if hackers access their computer systems and steal sensitive customer data such as financial information, credit card numbers, Social Security numbers, or personal data.
You can learn more about these and many other commercial liability coverage options by consulting a local independent insurance agent.
Does Hallandale Beach Business Insurance Cover All Your Business Assets?
All business insurance policies include commercial property coverage. This is designed to compensate your business for loss or damage to your commercially owned property, including merchandise, inventory, computers, tools, machinery, furniture, and outdoor signs.
In Hallandale Beach, businesses are most likely to experience property damage due to hazards such as hurricanes, tropical storms, wildfires, hail, and tornadoes. Fortunately, these risks are all covered by most commercial property insurance policies. You will want to be sure that your coverage levels are high enough to enable you to repair, replace, and rebuild, if necessary.
Sometimes, additional insurance policies are appropriate and necessary. Depending on what your business does and how it operates, your insurance agent may recommend adding:
- Inland marine insurance: This covers your company’s valuable portable property while it is in transit or is stored away from your place of business, such as at a worksite.
- Boiler & machinery insurance: This covers the cost to repair or replace broken-down business equipment and can even cover business losses associated with machine malfunctions.
- Flood insurance: This is necessary for businesses at risk of flooding, since commercial property insurance will not cover flood damage. In Hallandale Beach, businesses are most at risk when hurricanes and tropical storms bring heavy rains and storm surges to the area.
Talk to an insurance agent in Hallandale Beach for more information about your options when it comes to business property insurance.
How Can Business Interruption Insurance Help Hallandale Beach Businesses?
A major disaster can do more than just damage your commercial property. It also has the potential to force your business to remain closed for an extended period while repairs are made. This is particularly true when widespread damage hinders repair efforts, such as might happen with a large fire or a particularly devastating hurricane.
A closure that lasts for weeks, or even months, can be place a large financial burden on businesses. This is especially true for small companies that don’t have other locations to fall back on for income. Business interruption insurance provides a solution to this problem.
Disasters in Florida
- Number of federally declared disasters in FL since 1953: 122
- Most common reasons for declared disasters: Wildfires and Hurricanes
- Average number of tornadoes in FL per year: 54.6
Business interruption insurance is designed to provide your company with a continuation of income when a covered event leads to a long-term closure. That way, your business can afford to pay regular monthly expenses such as utility payments, loan installments, and employee salaries even though you are temporarily unable to generate revenue.
Do Hallandale Beach Businesses Need Workers’ Compensation Insurance?
Workers’ compensation insurance is designed to cover the cost of medical treatment, lost wages, and other expenses related to workplace injuries and occupational illnesses. In the event of a fatal work-related injury, this insurance can also provide long-term benefits to surviving family members and dependents.
In the state of Florida, all construction companies with at least one employee, and all other businesses that have at least four employees, are required by state law to have workers’ compensation insurance. There are a few exceptions. It is not necessary to cover:
- Sole proprietors
- Partners (unless the business is in the construction industry)
- Corporate officers and LLC members, but only if they opt to be exempt
The cost of workers’ compensation is based mainly on the types of jobs your employees do. The higher the risk that your workers will suffer significant injuries, the higher the price for coverage will be. A local independent agent can help you review your costs and can match you up with an insurance company that specializes in covering businesses in your industry.
What about Insurance Products for Employee Benefits Packages?
Even though health insurance is expensive, subsidizing it for your employees can have cost-saving benefits for your business. Studies conducted by human resources professionals have demonstrated that when businesses offer employee benefits like vacation time, sick time, life insurance, and health insurance, they find it easier to attract and retain ideal employees.
- Annual amount spent on healthcare coverage by FL businesses: $3.13 billion
- Average annual cost of health care in FL: $5,409/person or $16,070/family
There are several different kinds of life and health insurance products available for you to choose from. This can make it difficult to determine which policies are the best to include in your employee benefits package. A local independent insurance agent can help by explaining the pros and cons of each of your various options so you are able to make an informed decision.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Hallandale Beach, FL?
Every business has it is own specific risks and exposures. That is why insurance companies enable you to fully customize your business insurance coverage. An independent agent in Hallandale Beach, FL can offer guidance and advice and can also shop around to help you find the best and most affordable commercial insurance policies to cover your particular business.
Set up a one-on-one consultation with an independent insurance agent in Hallandale Beach to learn more. You will soon discover how easy it can be to build a comprehensive, yet affordable, business insurance policy package.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.