Louisiana offers residents and visitors many things to do and see. Some people like to head out to New Orleans to enjoy the delicious food, tour the famous Garden District, and take in the sights and sounds of Bourbon Street. Others like to head to Shreveport and browse through the R.W. Norton Art Gallery, or tour the Sci-Port Science Center and the Shreveport Water Works Museum. Another thing residents of this state enjoy is getting around on their ATVs. Of course, this popular pastime is best enjoyed with a Louisiana ATV insurance policy in place.
An all-terrain vehicle can be used for many purposes including recreation, hunting, ranching and farming. Whatever your reasons for owning one of these vehicles, finding the right ATV insurance policy is important.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
Louisiana ATV Fatality Statistics
- Number of ATV deaths between 1982 and 2011: 262
- Number of ATV deaths between 2008 and 2011: 48
- Number children under 16 killed in ATV accidents from 1982 to 2007: 81
What Is Louisiana ATV Insurance?
ATVs, such as four-wheelers, are expensive investments and can be costly to repair if you have an accident. It is not uncommon to sustain injuries while operating these vehicles, and resulting medical costs can sometimes be extremely expensive. A Louisiana ATV insurance policy can cover you against the various expenses that you may incur if you have an accident while operating your ATV.
ATV insurance policies provide coverage for all types of all-terrain vehicles. These include quads, UTVs, side-by-sides and 3-wheelers. A policy will provide coverage for most, if not all, of your off-road activities and can even compensate you if your ATV is stolen or vandalized.
What Does Louisiana ATV Insurance Cover?
All ATV insurance policies will include liability coverage. Other coverage types are typically optional so you can build a policy that best suits your needs. Possible coverage includes:
- Liability coverage: This provides coverage for any bodily injury or physical damage you may cause to another person because of an ATV accident for which you are at fault.
- Collision coverage: This coverage will reimburse for structural damage to your ATV if you are at fault for an accident.
- Medical coverage: This will cover medical bills if you or your passengers are injured in an ATV accident for which you are at fault.
- Comprehensive coverage: Sometimes referred to as “other than collision” insurance, this covers you for damages to your ATV caused by theft, vandalism, flood, fire, and falling objects.
- Uninsured/underinsured coverage: This provides coverage if your ATV is damaged or you are injured in an ATV accident caused by someone who has does not have the coverage necessary to reimburse you for your losses.
How Much Does Louisiana ATV Insurance Cost?
Though rates can vary significantly from one person to the next, most policies cost less than $20 a month. Insurers use a number of variables to determine the cost of your particular ATV insurance premium. These include:
- Your age and driving record: Young people are more likely to be involved in ATV accidents. Also your driving record behind the wheel of a car is a good indicator of how safely you will drive your ATV so a clean driving record will result in a lower premium.
- Your ATVs make, model and year: Some vehicles are more unstable than others. Also, more expensive vehicles will cost more to insure.
- Frequency of use: Those who use their vehicles frequently will pay more than those who only use them during certain months or annually on vacations.
- Purpose of the ATV: Whether you use your ATV for work or recreational purposes can affect your insurance rates.
- Policy type and coverage amounts: The coverage options you choose and the amount of coverage you purchase will affect your rates.
- Deductible: A higher deductible will lower the cost of your premium.
- Discounts qualification: You may be eligible for discounts which will reduce your insurance costs. Some examples include safe-driver discounts, military professional discounts and discounts for bundling policies. You may also qualify for a discount if you have successfully completed an ATV safe-driving course.
Find the Right Louisiana ATV Insurance Policy
Because there are so many different insurers and policies available to you, you may benefit by requesting the services of an independent insurance agent in the Trusted Choice® network. These agents have relationships with several highly-rated insurers and can use these relationships to help you obtain a variety of competitively-priced Louisiana ATV insurance quotes.
Your agent can help you compare policies and prices and can offer you advice about your many coverage options. Every agent in the Trusted Choice network has taken a pledge to provide exceptional customer service and ethical advice. Contact a member agent with an office near you to get more information about Louisiana ATV insurance.