Around 1,000,000 small businesses are operating in Pennsylvania. In the township of Mount Lebanon, over 500 companies participate in various industries, including professional services, healthcare, and finance.
Mount Lebanon business owners need a comprehensive business insurance plan to protect their assets and employees when something goes wrong. Since every business has unique risks, it's essential to understand your exposures and find tailored insurance policies to cover them.
An independent insurance agent can help you compare business insurance quotes in Mount Lebanon, PA to choose the best coverage.
How Much Does Business Insurance Cost in Mount Lebanon, PA?
Several factors, including the following, influence the cost of business insurance in Mount Lebanon, PA:
- The size and physical location of your business
- Your number of employees
- Your gross sales and payroll
- The nature of your business (what do you do?)
- The value of your physical assets (buildings, vehicles, machines, equipment, inventory, etc.)
- Your prior claims history
There are many reasons why your business insurance might cost more or less than average. If, for example, you live in an area with a high property crime rate or experience frequent natural disasters, you’ll likely pay more for your business insurance.
There have been 62 federally declared disasters in Pennsylvania since 1953. And even everyday events can cause devastating property damage. The leading causes of property losses in Pennsylvania are as follows:
- Flooding and water damage
- Severe storms and lightning
- Hurricanes and tropical storms
- Heavy snow
- Burglary and other property crimes
A local independent insurance agent can help you understand your risks and get quotes for affordable business insurance in Mount Lebanon, PA.
Is Business Insurance Required in Mount Lebanon, PA?
Pennsylvania law does not require most types of business insurance. But if your business owns any vehicles, you must buy commercial auto insurance that complies with Pennsylvania’s car insurance laws. Your commercial auto insurance must have liability coverage up to the following minimum limits:
- Bodily injury liability coverage: $15,000 per person/$30,000 per accident
- Property damage liability coverage: $5,000 per accident
In addition, workers’ compensation insurance is mandatory for most employers in Pennsylvania. Workers' compensation insurance helps injured workers pay for the costs of medical care and lost wages if they are injured on the job. It also protects you from liability lawsuits that could otherwise result when your employees are injured at work.
Pennsylvania state law does not require other types of business insurance in Mount Lebanon. Still, most business owners will need commercial property insurance and general liability insurance to protect their assets adequately.
What Does Business Insurance Cover in Mount Lebanon, PA?
A comprehensive business insurance program in Mount Lebanon, PA, will typically include the following types of coverage:
- Commercial general liability (CGL) insurance: Protects your business from lawsuits related to bodily injury and property damage claims. It pays for medical expenses, legal fees, and financial settlements or judgments. Your CGL policy even covers personal injury claims such as libel and slander.
- Commercial property insurance: This covers damage to a building and its contents if damaged by a weather event, fire, theft, vandalism, and other covered perils.
- Business interruption coverage: Protects your earnings if your business cannot operate because of damage after a fire, hail, wind, equipment breakdown, or another covered event. If you are forced to close your doors temporarily to repair or rebuild your business, this coverage pays for rent, employee salaries, lost income, relocation fees, etc.
- Commercial auto insurance: Protects your business-owned cars and trucks from property damage and liability claims.
- Workers’ compensation insurance: Pays for medical expenses and a portion of an employee's lost wages after a work-related injury.
Business insurance programs will be different for every company in Mount Lebanon. An independent insurance agent who understands your unique operation can recommend the specific coverage you need.
Save on Business Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Does Small Business Liability Insurance Cover in Mount Lebanon, PA?
Lawsuits against businesses are common. If someone accuses you of negligence, the costs to defend yourself and pay the injured party can be devastating, even if the claims against you are unfounded.
A commercial general liability (CGL) policy provides broad coverage for lawsuits filed against your business. It helps you pay for direct costs related to a claim (e.g., medical expenses, repairing or replacing damaged property) and your legal defense if you are sued.
A CGL policy doesn't cover every kind of liability risk. There are additional small business liability policies available for many of these scenarios.
Are There Any Small Business Health Insurance Plans in Mount Lebanon, PA?
Health insurance and other employee benefits serve a critical purpose for many small businesses and their employees. A good employee benefits plan helps companies support a healthy and satisfied workforce.
In addition, employers who offer employee health plans may be eligible for significant tax benefits.
There are many different health insurance policy types and options available for you to choose from in Mount Lebanon, PA. A local independent agent can help you find affordable small business health insurance plans for your workforce.
Who Are the Best Small Business Insurance Companies in Mount Lebanon, PA?
Finding the best small business insurance companies in Pennsylvania can be simple. A local independent insurance agent can help you get business insurance quotes from multiple insurance companies so that you can select the best policy for your needs and budget.
How Can an Independent Insurance Agent Help Me Find the Best Business Insurance in Mount Lebanon, PA?
Instead of getting an online quote, find an independent insurance agent now, and get one-on-one consultation and affordable options for the best coverage for your unique needs. Your agent will work with you free of charge, offering you a variety of business insurance quotes in Mount Lebanon so that you can make the best choice.
What’s more, your agent will be there for you when claim time comes. They know the ins and outs of the process and will make sure your claim is handled appropriately.
Contact an agent today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.