Arizona Landscapers Insurance
Local independent insurance agents are ready to help you find the best and most affordable coverage.
The landscaping industry in Arizona is stable and profitable. If you are among the many owners of a landscaping business in this state, you can benefit from protecting your company against large financial losses by investing in suitable insurance policies.
Local independent insurance agents can explain your many options when it comes to landscapers insurance. They can also help you find the best and most affordable policies to mitigate any potential risks that could threaten your business’s bottom line. Contact an insurance agent near you to learn more.
What Is Landscapers Insurance?
Landscapers insurance is a general term used to describe a business owners policy (BOP) or a business insurance policy package that has been specially customized to meet the coverage needs of landscaping businesses.
Why Is Business Insurance Important for Landscapers in Arizona?
There are a number of things that can go wrong when you own a landscaping business. Consider the following scenarios.
- One of your drivers misjudges a lane change while towing equipment to a job site. Several people are seriously injured in the collision he causes.
- Your company is sued after the landscaping job you did for a client causes water to pool and flood his neighbor’s house.
- Thousands of dollars worth of equipment goes missing from a job site while you are on your lunch break.
- A hailstorm causes significant damage to your lawncare equipment.
- An employee who frequently sprays pesticides onto lawns comes down with an occupational illness due to exposure to toxic fumes.
- A prospective employee accuses your company of engaging in discrimination after you fail to hire her.
- A fire breaks out where you store your equipment. Everything is damaged beyond repair and needs to be replaced.
These are just some of the many potential problems that can cost your landscaping business big bucks. Fortunately, when you have the right insurance policies in place, your company will be able to withstand these pitfalls.
How Much Does Landscapers Insurance Cost in Arizona?
The cost of landscapers insurance can vary from one landscaping business to the next. While a small company may only pay a couple hundred dollars a month, a large business with several employees may pay thousands.
Factors that can influence rates include
- The size of your landscaping business and its expected annual revenues
- The value of your business assets
- The number of workers you employ
- The types of vehicles used by your business, and whether they are privately or company owned
- The amount of liability coverage you are purchasing
- Your company’s claims history
- The size of your deductible
Every insurance company has its own method for assessing risk and calculating rates, so it pays to do some comparison shopping before you make a purchase. Independent insurance agents make this easy by doing the legwork for you.
Save on Business Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Does Arizona Landscapers Insurance Cover?
When you build your landscapers insurance policy package, you will only need to buy the coverage that is relevant to your particular business. Independent insurance agents can help you determine the types of policies you need and the types you can do without.
A basic business insurance policy will provide the following coverage.
- Commercial property insurance: This can cover your business-owned property like lawnmowers, sprayers, tools, and other equipment if it is lost or damaged while it is being stored at your business location.
- Commercial general liability insurance (CGL): This can cover your business against its basic liability risks such as if a third party is injured at your place of business or if your company is accused of libel or slander by a rival landscaping business.
You can then supplement this coverage with additional policies. For instance, your insurance agent may recommend adding these policies.
- Contractors tools and equipment insurance: This is a form of inland marine insurance. It can cover your tools and equipment if they are stolen or damaged while stored at a job site or in transit to and from the site.
- Workers’ compensation insurance: This is required by Arizona state law if your landscaping business has at least one employee. It can provide coverage for medical treatments and lost wages if anyone who works for you is injured on the job or is stricken by an occupational illness.
- Employment practices liability insurance (EPLI): This can protect your company if a current, former, or prospective employee accuses your business of engaging in illegal employment practices like discrimination, harassment, or wrongful termination.
- Commercial vehicle insurance and/or non-owner auto insurance: If your business owns a vehicle or fleet of vehicles, these cars, trucks, and/or vans must be covered by commercial vehicle insurance. If you or your employees are using your own personal vehicles for work purposes, your business can be held liable for damage if an accident occurs on the clock. A non-owned vehicle insurance policy can provide your business with coverage if this happens.
- Public liability insurance: This can cover your business if a customer or another member of the public sues your company for an injury or property damage that can be attributed to landscaping work your business performed.
- Environmental liability insurance: This can cover your business against lawsuits related to the pollution of the land, water, or air by toxic substances used by your landscaping company. This is very important if your company sprays pesticides or other toxic chemicals onto lawns.
A local independent agent can explain more about each of these types of coverage and can identify any other insurance products that may be a good fit for your Arizona landscaping business.
How an Independent Insurance Agent Can Help You Find the Best Landscapers Insurance in Arizona
If you are looking for great landscapers insurance coverage at an affordable price, look no further than a local independent insurance agent. These agents can recommend the right insurance products for your business and can then shop around to find the coverage you need at the lowest available rates.
There are more than 400 independent agents located in the state of Arizona, so it should be easy to find one with an office near you. Discover how easy it can be to find the best coverage by talking to an independent insurance agent today.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.