Do You Need Insurance? Find Options in Arizona
Arizona has a multitude of attractions and activities for natives and visitors alike. From the Grand Canyon to Monument Valley; from the Hoover Dam to the Painted Desert, the state is full of places to go and things to do. But before you take advantage of this you need to be sure that you have an insurance program that will protect you, your family and your assets.
The best way to obtain the Arizona insurance plan that is right for you is do business with an independent agent who represents a number of insurance markets. A member agent of the Trusted Choice® network is available to work with you to obtain whatever business or personal Arizona insurance quotes you need. There are 401 Trusted Choice member agents in Arizona so you should have no problem finding one near you.
Why Work with an Independent Agent?
You may not know that there are two kinds of agents.
Some agents, referred to as captives, represent only one company. For this reason they can offer their customers only the products of that company.
Independent agents, on the other hand, will represent a number of different insurance companies so they have much more flexibility in the products they can offer you to fill your Arizona insurance needs.
Which would you rather have, access to only one insurance market or the ability to compare multiple quotes and rates from different sources? If you need business insurance or if you have a number of different personal exposures the best solution, frequently, is to obtain different coverages from different companies. Comparison shopping is the best way to make sure you're getting the best deal and the best coverage. Independent agents can help with this and will make your search much easier.
Buying Car Insurance in Arizona
Arizona's financial responsibility law requires that every driver carry at least minimum insurance limits of $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident bodily injury liability and $10,000 per accident property damage liability. These are minimum limits. Most buyers will want to carry limits much higher than this to adequately protect themselves.
In addition to the coverages above, a complete auto insurance poilcy will provide the following:
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorists coverage
- Medical payments
- Comprehensive and collision coverage to provide vehicle protection
- Optional coverages such as towing, road side assistance and emergency vehicle rental
Obtaining Arizona Homeowners Insurance
Virtually every owner of a home buys homeowners insurance. It is probably your most valuable possession. However, many buyers fail to take full advantage of the policy's coverage because they do not insure the home to its full replacement cost. A standard homeowners policy will provide the following coverages:
- Coverage on the dwelling itself which will include any attached garages or storage facilities
- Coverage on detached outbuildings on the same premises
- Contents coverage for all your personal property
- Additional living expense if you have a covered claim and have to temporarily live elsewhere
- Liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage arising from your premises or your activities.
- Medical payments to cover the medical costs of someone hurt on your property even though you may not be legally liable.
Every policy has exclusions and limitations. A few of the more important are:
- There is no coverage for flood damage in a homeowners policy
- There is no coverage for earthquake damage in a homeowners policy
- The policy has limitations on certain high value contents like jewelry, furs, fine arts, silverware, coin and stamp collections
If you would like coverage in any of these areas it will take a separate policy or a rider to the homeowners policy.
Buying Arizona Business Insurance
A business insurance program takes a professional to design. If you work with an independent agent you will have access to more than one market to set up an Arizona insurance program that adequately protects your company. Trusted Choice agents write more business insurance policies than any other brand, so they are ready and able to meet your company's needs.
There are basic coverages that every business needs to consider:
- Coverage on your real property assuming you own the building your business is in
- Coverage on your business personal property in the building
- Coverage on property elsewhere like mobile equipment, property in shipment and property stored elsewhere
- Business interruption coverage to protect you against lost income and extra expenses after a covered loss
- Liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage arising from the use of your vehicles or your building or your activities
- You may have a professional liability exposure if an error or omission on your part could create damages for another party
- Umbrella liability to increase your basic limits
- Workers compensation in case an employee is injured on the job
- Life, health or disability coverage in your employee benefit program
- Corporate life insurance for key person coverage or to fund a buy-sell agreement
These are standard coverages that every business should consider. You may have other, more unusual risks, that need to be handled separately.
Finding Life Insurance in Arizona
If you are looking for life insurance it is probably for one of three reasons:
- You might want the insurance personally to protect your family if something happens to you
- Perhaps you want to broaden your employee benefit plan by offering a life insurance option
- Or, you might want life insurance for a business purpose
There are different types of life insurance. One can buy term life, whole life, universal life and several other types. You may need individual coverage or a group plan.
Obtaining Arizona Health Insurance
Because of the many changes brought on by the Affordable Care Act (ACA) the health insurance industry in the U.S. is in a state of flux. If you are looking for personal health insurance in Arizona you will have three options going forward:
- If you presently have employer provided coverage it will prboably continue but starting in 2014 your premiums or benefits may change
- Otherwise, effective October 1, 2013 you can acquire health care coverage by accessing the insurance exchange in Arizona
- Your third alternative is to shop the open market for coverage
Rather than shop on your own your best bet is to find an independent agent who understands the current market and who can help you find the best coverage that is available.
As of the first of 2014 if you do not have coverage, or your coverage does not meet the requirements of the ACA you are subject to a fine.
Getting ATV Insurance in Arizona
Arizona does not require ATV's to be licensed or insured with one exception. If the ATV is to be operated on a public road then it must be licensed and also meet the state's minimum financial responsibility requirements which are $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident bodily injury liability and $10,000 property damage liability. These are minimum limits and most persons will want to carry much higher limits for adequate protection.
In addition to liability coverage you will want a policy that includes:
- Medical payments
- Uninsured/Underinsured drivers coverage
- Comprehensive and collision to cover the ATV itself
- Coverage for special equipment, towing and emergency service
In 2010 there were about 115,000 ATV related injuries in the U.S. There are several things you can do to lessen your risk of loss:
- Take an ATV safety course
- All drivers and passengers should wear a helmet at all times
- Stay on approved trails
- Do not carry a passenger unless your ATV was designed for that purpose
- If children are driving make sure they are trained and can handle the vehicle they are on
Find Arizona Insurance
Everyone's insurance needs are different. You may own a large business or simply have one car and an apartment. In either case you need the right protection for your situation. An independent agent can shop the market on your behalf and obtain the Arizona insurance that is right for you.
An agent in the Trusted Choice network is committed to working with you to satisfy your every insurance need at the lowest possible cost. Contact a member agent today.