With its sunny weather, miles of great riding roads, and scenic attractions, Arizona is a great place to own a motorcycle all year round. That may explain why there are more than 170,000 motorcycles registered in this state.
You cannot legally take your bike out on the road until you have purchased motorcycle insurance. That’s where local independent agents can help. These agents are able to shop around to find the best and most affordable coverage for your bike. Contact an insurance agent near you to get started.
How Much Does Motorcycle Insurance Cost in Arizona?
The average cost of motorcycle insurance in Arizona is $935 a year.
Of course, rates are calculated individually, so this average can only give you a ballpark idea of what you might be expected to pay. Here are some things that can influence how much your policy will cost.
- The value, make, model, and year of the motorcycle(s) you are insuring
- Your age and occupation
- Your years of riding experience and your traffic citation history
- The estimated number of miles you ride your bike each year
- The size of your deductible
If you take the time to contact a few competing insurance providers to request customized quotes, you can be sure that the policy you choose is offered at a good price. Independent agents make comparison shopping easy.
Is Motorcycle Insurance Required in Arizona?
As with car insurance, motorcycle insurance is required in Arizona.
In this state, all motorcyclists are required to carry liability coverage. Motorcycle liability insurance is designed to cover any property damage or injuries you may cause to others if you are at fault for an accident while riding.
On July 1, 2021, the minimum coverage requirements for motorcyclists in Arizona increased from 15/30/10 to 25/50/15. This means that your policy must meet or exceed the following coverage amounts:
- Bodily injury liability coverage per person: $25,000
- Bodily injury liability coverage per incident: $50,000
- Property damage liability coverage per incident: $15,000
Any other coverage you might want for your motorcycle is optional.
Better Motorcycle Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Does Arizona Motorcycle Insurance Cover?
In addition to the mandatory liability coverage mentioned above, most insurance companies will offer a number of coverage options. These can include the following.
- Collision and comprehensive coverage: These products cover damage to your bike and are typically required by your lender if you are still paying for your motorcycle.
- Custom parts and equipment coverage: This can add to the assessed value of your motorcycle if you have upgraded it with customized accessories or equipment. That way, if your bike is totaled in a covered event, you will be compensated for the extra money you have put into it.
- Medical payments coverage (MedPay): This can cover medical bills for any treatments needed by you and your passenger if you are injured in a motorcycle accident, regardless of fault.
- Uninsured motorist coverage: This can cover your property damage and injuries if you are hit by an uninsured driver or motorcyclist while on your bike. This can save you from the need to go through lengthy legal channels to get the compensation owed to you.
- Towing and roadside assistance coverage: This can cover the cost of assistance If your motorcycle becomes disabled while you are out on the road.
- Gap insurance: This can bridge the gap between what your bike is worth and what you still owe for it if it is totaled in a covered event. This coverage is usually a good idea in the first year or two of new bike ownership when the value of your motorcycle depreciates fastest.
Be sure to review the details and costs of each of your various options. That way, you can make an informed decision about which are a good fit for you.
Do I Qualify for Any Motorcycle Insurance Discounts?
Many motorcycle insurance providers in Arizona offer discounts and incentives to their policyholders who qualify. You may be able to earn rate reductions by doing the following.
- Completing a certified motorcycle safety course
- Having a membership in a qualifying organization or riding association
- Being a homeowner
- Paying your annual premium in full
- Bundling your motorcycle insurance with other policies like car insurance, home insurance, or renters insurance
When you work with a good insurance agent who has your best interests at heart, you can rest assured that you are receiving all the discounts for which you are entitled.
How Can an Independent Agent Help Me Find the Best Motorcycle Insurance in Arizona?
Independent agents can be a great source of information when you are shopping for any type of insurance coverage. These agents work for you, not for a particular insurance provider, so they can request customized motorcycle insurance quotes from some of the best insurance companies in Arizona.
There are more than 400 independent insurance agencies in Arizona so it should be easy to find an experienced agent close to home. Arrange an obligation-free consultation with an insurance agent near you to learn more.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.