Dairyland Insurance Company at a Glance
- Formed in 1953
- Offers high-risk auto and motorcycle insurance
- Coverage available in 26 states
- “A+” (superior) rating by A.M. Best
- “A+” (excellent) rating by the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- They also offer home insurance
- 24/7 phone claims reporting
- Strong financial stability
Dairyland Insurance pros: Well-established carrier with more than 60 years’ worth of experience in the insurance industry. Highly rated by A.M. Best and the BBB. 24/7 claims reporting via phone. Strong financial stability. Coverage available in 26 states.
Dairyland Insurance cons: Not BBB accredited. No information about claims process provided on official website. Official website could use a major update. Limited coverage options. No online claims reporting.
What Type of Insurance Does Dairyland Insurance Offer?
Dairyland Insurance is a specialized insurance company with a focus on coverage for high-risk auto and motorcycle drivers. Products vary from state to state. Their insurance products include the following.
- Auto insurance
- Physical damage: Collision and comprehensive
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists
- PIP (personal injury protection)
- Non-owner insurance for an affordable coverage alternative
- Motorcycle insurance
- Physical damage: Collision and comprehensive
- Bodily injury
- Replacement cost
- Rental reimbursement
- Roadside assistance
- Optional/special equipment insurance
- Home insurance
Your independent insurance agent can help you find more information about the coverage offered by Dairyland Insurance, and help you decide if this insurance company is right for you.
What to Know about Dairyland Insurance
Dairyland Insurance was formed in 1953, giving the carrier more than 60 years’ worth of experience in the insurance industry. Sentry Insurance acquired Dairyland Insurance in 1966, which at the time wrote non-standard auto policies in 27 states. Sentry also began to insure riders and their motorcycles.
Today, Dairyland Insurance still focuses its efforts on providing high-risk auto and motorcycle insurance, as well as home insurance. Coverage is offered in 26 states across the country. The insurance company's LinkedIn profile states that Dairyland Insurance has between 1,001 and 5,000 employees, with over 3,200 of them found on the social media platform. As far as financial size, A.M. Best places the carrier in the $2 billion or greater category.
Thanks to its rich history and financial strength, Dairyland Insurance has earned a reputation as a stable insurance company with a stable outlook for the future. A.M. Best, the leading global credit rating agency monitoring the insurance industry, gives Dairyland Insurance an “A+” rating, indicating the carrier is an excellent choice for insurance customers. High ratings from A.M. Best assure customers that Dairyland Insurance can offer guaranteed, secure coverage from a financially sound carrier.
Established in 1899, A.M. Best is one of the oldest rating companies in the world. Reviews from A.M. Best indicate an insurance company’s financial strength and creditworthiness and are based on comprehensive evaluations of the company’s operating performance, business profile, and balance sheet. For customers who are not as familiar with insurance companies’ respective reputations, A.M. Best’s ratings system allows them to make an informed decision about who they can trust to meet their needs in the short term, and who will remain a strong, financially sound company in the long term.
What Discounts Does Dairyland Insurance Offer?
Dairyland Insurance makes information about their discounts readily available on their website. These discounts include the following.
Auto insurance discounts
- Multi-car discount: Offered to clients that own and insure multiple vehicles with Dairyland Insurance.
- Advanced quote discount: Offered to clients who get a quote at least a week in advance from the day they need insurance coverage.
- Transfer discount: Offered to new clients who transfer from another insurance company.
- Payment frequency discount: Offered to clients who pay their payments quarterly, every six months, or just once a year.
- Homeowners discount: Offered to clients who insure their homes as well as their auto insurance or motorcycle insurance with Dairyland Insurance.
- Renters discount: Offered to renters who insure both their rental property and auto insurance or motorcycle insurance with Dairyland Insurance.
- Defensive driving discount: Offered to clients who take and pass a defensive driving class.
- Anti-theft discount: Offered to clients with an anti-theft device installed on their auto or motorcycle.
Motorcycle insurance discounts
- Multi-cycle discount: Offered to clients who have multiple motorcycles in their household insured with Dairyland Insurance.
- Home ownership discount: If a client owns their house, condo, townhouse, mobile home, or modular home, and it's insured, they may qualify for a multi-policy discount.
- H.O.G. member discount: Offered to clients who are members of the Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.).
- Loyalty discount: Offered to clients who want to replace their bike with a newer model and they have been insured with Dairyland for more than a year.
- Rider group discounts: Offered to clients who are members of a riding club or motorcycle association.
- Rider course discount: Offered to clients who have taken and passed a rider safety course.
- Transfer discount: Offered to clients who want to switch their insurance provider to Dairyland Insurance.
Discounts vary from state to state. An independent insurance agent can provide better discount information and premium quotes for coverage through Dairyland Insurance. When it comes to coverage, independent insurance agents work hard to help to get you the most for your money.
Dairyland Insurance Customer Service
Dairyland Insurance offers 24/7 phone claims reporting for its policyholders. The carrier also provides the following customer service options.
- Online and mobile app bill pay
- Email and online form contact options
- Customer service availability - Customer service for general questions is available during business hours located below. 24/7 phone claims reporting is also available.
|Monday-Friday||6am - 9pm|
|Saturday||7am - 6pm|
The best way to ensure a good customer service experience is to work with an independent insurance agent. Independent insurance agents can help handle claims and other concerns for you, so you can relax and enjoy your coverage.
Dairyland Insurance FAQ
What is Dairyland Insurance's average claim response time frame?
Dairyland Insurance offers claims reporting through a couple of mediums. However, the insurance company does not provide an official claims response time frame promise. Dairyland Insurance does encourage customers to file claims ASAP after an incident.
What is Dairyland Insurance's customer service availability?
Dairyland Insurance allows customers to file claims over the phone 24/7. They specify their business hours on their official website, social media pages, and when calling the carrier. The carrier’s social media presence extends across Facebook and LinkedIn, which makes them a bit more available to customers.
What is Dairyland Insurance's claims process?
Dairyland Insurance offers a couple of options to report a claim. And the insurance company details their claims process on their official website. If customers have other questions about filing or the claims process itself, they can contact the carrier via phone, email, or get in touch with their local independent insurance agent.
Does Dairyland Insurance's insurance create a user-friendly experience for customers?
Dairyland Insurance Customer Reviews
|“I've worked with Peter to insure other motorcycles and he's always professional & responsive. This was no different. And Dairyland was just as good with follow-up, quick execution of documents, and everything that the dealership needed to proceed! Thank you for making our efforts easy!” —Gregory Family|
|“I've had coverage with Dairyland off and on for many years and let me just say they have never let me down. Rates have always been the better of 90% of the rates from other providers. Thank you for having me covered.” —Amy A.|
|“I just want to give a shout out for Dairyland Insurance! It is likely not the least expensive motorcycle policy available but they really came through for me. From the very moment I discovered that my bike was going to be totaled I had visions of an all out All Star wrestling match with them while I tried to get a “real value” settlement on my bike. I was all over the web coming up with real world comparables to use as ammunition in the moment when the would surely low ball me. Well, guess what? Right out of the chute they gave me a number that was not only fair and realistic - it even included anticipated taxes and registration! Every person I have worked with has been pleasant and timely in their responses. 6 stars out of 5! Thanks Dairyland!” —Bruce J.|
|“I was searching for a motorcycle policy and had received quotes from big name insurance companies that were way too high. I was directed to Dairyland by some friends and was offered a quote less than half the rates I had been given previously. Not only that but the coverage exceeded the higher rates in a lot of areas. The service was professional and quick. There was no nonsense. I would recommend to anyone looking for good low cost motorcycle insurance.” —Edward B.|
|“Dairyland has made it possible for me to get my license reinstated with an affordable non owners insurance policy with an SR22. I am pleased that Conner was able to assist me within less than 30 minutes of my Quote. He was fast. Knowledgeable, and gave me all the good as well warnings for me to maintain my policy. I'm extremely grateful for Dairyland making my license journey an easy one to complete.” —Dee-Dee J.|
TrustedChoice.com's Final Review
We award Dairyland Insurance Company a final rating of 5 out of 5 stars. The insurance company has been around for more than 60 years now, which is remarkable within the insurance industry. However, it seems the insurance company has not used this time to their benefit. Though Dairyland Insurance has received high ratings through A.M. Best and the BBB, they have not been accredited through the latter organization. While coverage is offered in 26 states, their catalog is kind of limited, with a focus on high-risk auto insurance. The insurance company provides 24/7 claims reporting via phone and online bill pay, and they list their business hours for the customer service department on their official website. There is not much information about the carrier’s coverage on their official website, nor is there a claims response time frame promise, but they do have an outline of their claims process. It is easy to find customer feedback about the insurance company online. Currently, it is simple to say many positive things about this carrier. So, our recommendation is that if you are in the market for high-risk auto and motorcycle coverage, review your other options for trusted carriers with your independent insurance agent, and take a closer look into Dairyland Insurance.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.