Motorcycle Insurance Discounts
Motorcycle Insurance Discounts and Deals
Finding affordable motorcycle coverage is not difficult to do. Start by connecting with an agent in the Trusted Choice® network who can compare options for you from multiple insurance companies. Every insurance company differs with regard to the motorcycle insurance discounts available.
Let‘s talk about some of the ways to find motorcycle insurance discounts and save without sacrificing quality coverage. From insurance bundles to professional discounts, there’s something for everyone.
Common Motorcycle Insurance Bundles
- Bundle your motorcycle insurance with your homeowners coverage
- Bundle motorcycle and auto insurance
- Bundle motorcycle insurance with your boat and RV policies
Bundling your motorcycle insurance with other policies is possible when you insure multiple items with the same insurance provider. You can also typically get a discount for insuring multiple motorcycles with the same company.
In addition to insurance bundles, there are many other ways to save. Read on to find about some of the many opportunities for motorcycle insurance discounts and savings.
Buy Coverage for When You Ride
If you only ride in the warmer months, and keep your bike in the garage for the rest of the year, talk with your insurance agent about insuring your motorcycle only for the times you ride. Your agent may advise continuing your comprehensive coverage (also known as “other than collision”) so you are covered for theft or damage, even if you halt your collision and liability for portions of the year. You may be able to cut out unnecessary coverage to make your insurance more affordable.
Ask About Customer Loyalty
If you have been with your insurance company for a long time, it may be time to ask if there is a motorcycle insurance discount available for your years of loyalty. Or, if you are just signing on with a new company, ask about a new customer incentive.
Pay in Full Annually
To process monthly payments, insurance companies pay lots of overhead costs. If you can pay a full year of motorcycle insurance in advance, you can typically save a considerable amount instead of paying your premium monthly.
Ask About Partnership Organizations
Check with your insurance agent about whether discounts are available for memberships in trade associations, unions or hobbyist groups such as motorcycle clubs. Several organizations have specialty discounts with various insurance providers.
Inquire About Military and Professional Discounts
Check with your agent to find out whether any of the following motorcycle insurance discounts are available:
- Military: You may be able to get lower cost motorcycle insurance as a member of the National Guard or other military service, or even as a veteran.
- Federal employee: Federal employees, both active and retired, may be eligible for a discount on their plans.
- Occupational: You may be able to get discounts for certain professions. For example, ask about discounts for teachers and healthcare providers.
- Safe driver: A motorcycle safety course is an excellent way to review potential hazards on the road. It is also a way to get lower costs on motorcycle insurance. A number of insurance providers offer discounted rates to motorcyclists who complete safety training.
- Age: The highest risk groups are teen and young adult age groups. Insurance companies typically discount motorcycle insurance as you age, and you may be able to get discounts specifically for riders over 50.
Find an agent in the Trusted Choice network today, and get started finding affordable motorcycle insurance tailored to your needs.
« End of box »