The last thing you want to happen is a car accident. But while you may be the most careful driver around, other drivers are not always so conscientious. Fender benders and major accidents can happen any time in Tullahoma, Tennessee. If you own a vehicle in Tennessee, you are required to have car insurance. A reliable car insurance policy can protect you from facing a large financial burden after a car accident. Car insurance can sometimes be confusing, but a local independent insurance agent can help you find the best policy for your needs and budget.
Tennessee Car Insurance Requirements
The state of Tennessee requires you to have a minimum amount of auto insurance in order to protect other drivers if you cause a crash. The following are the minimum coverage requirements for Tennessee vehicle owners:
- Bodily injury liability: Required
- Property damage liability: Required
- Personal injury protection (PIP): Not required
- Uninsured motorist coverage: Not required
- Minimum liability limits: 25/50/15; coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident, subject to a limit of $25,000 for one individual; and $15,000 coverage for property damage
A local independent insurance agent can tell you about the importance of purchasing more than the minimum liability insurance required by the state. A knowledgeable agent can help you assess your risks and make sure you have enough coverage to protect your assets should the worst happen. Remember, if you cause an accident where the cost of damage exceeds your coverage limits, you will have to pay out-of-pocket for whatever you owe other drivers, and whatever it costs to fix your own car.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Tullahoma, TN?
Tennessee is the 24th most expensive state in the nation for car insurance. Shopping around for the best rate and taking advantage of discounts can help you save.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- Tennessee average annual car insurance cost: $1,263
- Tullahoma average annual car insurance cost: $1,024
Car insurance rates are determined on a case-by-case basis, so you may have to pay more or less than the average for drivers in your town. Some of the factors that insurance companies use to determine how much you should pay include:
- Your age, gender, marital status, driving history, and credit score
- The number of cars and drivers in your household
- Your car’s year, make, and model
- The coverage limits and deductibles you choose
- Whether your policy includes comprehensive and/or collision coverage
- Whether you are bundling your auto insurance with other policies like homeowners insurance or renters insurance
Bundling policies is a great way to earn a discount on your auto insurance. Most insurance companies also offer a variety of other discounts to help you keep costs down. A local independent insurance agent can help you find the best policy for your needs and maximize the discounts that you qualify for.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in Tennessee
There are many drivers on the road who do not have auto insurance, even though Tennessee state law requires it. Tennessee has the 5th highest percentage of uninsured drivers in the nation, which makes purchasing uninsured motorist coverage one of the most important things you can do to protect yourself.
- How many US drivers are uninsured? 12.6%
- How many Tennessee drivers are uninsured? 20%
Uninsured motorist coverage is not required in Tennessee, but it is recommended for most drivers. This valuable coverage enables you to receive immediate reimbursement for your vehicle damage and medical expenses if you are in an accident that is caused by an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver. Your insurance company will still attempt to recover the costs from the at-fault driver, but you can have peace of mind knowing that you’ll be compensated, no matter what.
Number of Auto Thefts in Tennessee
The auto theft rate in Tennessee is lower than the national average. The current average auto theft rate in Tullahoma is 1.20 thefts per 1,000 vehicles, making it unlikely that your car will be stolen there.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.94
- Tennessee auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.27
- Tullahoma auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 1.20
Just because your car is relatively safe in Tullahoma does not mean that it will never be stolen. Cars can be stolen just about anywhere, and if yours is stolen or vandalized you need comprehensive coverage to reimburse you for your lost or damaged car. Comprehensive coverage also helps you pay for repairs if falling objects, floods, structure fires, or other hazards cause damage to your car. A local independent insurance agent can help you determine the coverage options that are best for your needs.
Why Contact an Independent Insurance Agent?
Independent insurance agents are a great resource for information and assistance when you are shopping for auto insurance. Your agent can explain your coverage options and pricing and can offer quotes from multiple insurance companies so you can make an informed choice.
Contact a local independent insurance agent to get started.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.