Martinsburg Business Insurance

Your Complete Guide to Martinsburg, WV, Business Insurance

When you need to find a trusted adviser

Martinsburg West Virginia business insurance

Martinsburg, WV, is a booming town located in the eastern panhandle of the state. It's known as the fastest growing city in West Virginia, making it a great place to own a business.

With over 17,404 residents and 113,410 small business owners in the state, you'll need protection for your assets. An independent insurance agent can help cover your company. Connect with a local expert to get started today.

Is Your Liability Insurance for Your Martinsburg, WV, Business Enough?

Your business's liability coverage is essential to your operations. It will protect your livelihood when a lawsuit occurs. If you're without the right policy, you could be at a loss. Get with an independent agent to go over the following liability insurances:

General liability (GL) insurance

GL insurance will help you pay for a lawsuit arising from bodily injury or property damage. A professional can do a full policy review to make sure your limits are accurate. Connect with a local independent agent to discuss.

Business interruption insurance

Business interruption insurance will pay for your expenses when your company shuts down due to a catastrophe or loss. This coverage can easily be added to your GL policy and help you avoid a closure. Speak with a Martinsburg independent agent for more details.

Cyber liability insurance

If your business uses email, you need this policy. Cyber liability will cover your damages when your sensitive data is hacked. Consult with a Martinsburg independent agent for quotes. 

Is Your Commercial Property Insured Correctly in Martinsburg, WV?

Commercial insurance is essential to have a covered loss. Unfortunately, many commercial property policies will only insure up to 80% of the building value. This puts you on the hook for the remaining 20%. Take a look at the common property exposures in Martinsburg, WV:

  1. Flooding and water damage
  2. Severe storms and lightning damage
  3. Hurricanes and tropical storms
  4. Burglary and other property crimes
  5. Heavy snow

Does your commercial property have flood coverage?

Did you know that your property policy won't have coverage for flood damage? In order to have adequate protection, you'll need separate flood insurance. A Martinsburg independent agent can help you obtain FEMA-approved quotes.  

Business Umbrella Insurance in Martinsburg, WV 

When your general liability insurance isn't enough, umbrella coverage can help. Umbrella insurance will provide additional protection for a more substantial loss. Once your underlying GL insurance is exhausted, umbrella coverage will apply.

A trusted adviser can help you find an inexpensive business umbrella policy for your company. Usually, limits start at $1,000,000 and increase depending on your assets. Get with a Martinsburg independent agent to discuss. 

Employee-Based Coverages Your Business Needs in Martinsburg, WV

Employee-based coverages will help your business grow and stay protected. These policies will provide insurance for your company and your staff. Discuss the following insurance coverages with an independent agent:

Worker's compensation insurance

If you have one employee or more in Martinsburg, WV, you'll need to carry worker's compensation insurance. This policy will pay for medical expenses and lost wages when an employee is injured on the job. An independent agent can help you get the coverage you need to avoid penalties.

Employee benefits coverage

With 275,145 people in West Virginia employed by small businesses, you'll need to be competitive. Employee benefits will help your business add value by contributing to employee healthcare costs. Get with a Martinsburg independent agent to create a package.

How to Get Matched with an Independent Agent in Martinsburg, WV

When you use an independent insurance agent, you'll get the best coverage for an affordable price. Since they have a network of carriers, you're always getting a good deal. If you're tired of shopping for coverage yourself, contact an independent agent. 

They work on your behalf at no cost to your business. Connect with one of the 109 local advisers on trustedchoice.com. They have a find-an-agent tool to help.

Share this page on Twitter Share this page on Facebook Share this page on LinkedIn

TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green

©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.

https://www.city-data.com/city/Martinsburg-West-Virginia.html

http://cityofmartinsburg.org/visit/