Weirton, WV, was once the fifth-largest steel producer in the country. Today it's dominated by one major supplier, but is still growing. With over 18,685 residents, Weirton is on the edge of small-town living.
When you drive a car on these historic streets, you'll need protection. An independent insurance agent can get an affordable policy. Connect with a local expert in minutes to begin your search.
Are Uber Services Covered under Your Weirton, WV Auto Insurance?
Your auto insurance excludes coverage for rideshare services. That means if you drive for Uber, you won't have coverage. Fortunately, an adviser can show you what policy options you have.
Commercial vehicle insurance will cover your exposure when you use a personal car for business operations. To find a policy that suits your needs, consult a professional. An independent agent in Weirton can help.
How State Minimum Auto Limits in Weirton, WV, May Not Be Enough
You are required to carry auto insurance in most states. Minimum limits in Weirton, WV, will barely cover an average loss. To get the right policy, speak with an expert. Check out the required auto insurance for Weirton, WV:
- A minimum liability of $25,000 per person/ $50,000 per accident/ $25,000 property damage.
When the average cost of a vehicle is $36,000, you'll want adequate coverage. An independent agent can help you with higher limits of protection and an umbrella policy. Umbrella insurance will provide another layer of liability when a more substantial claim occurs. Talk with a Weirton adviser to quote your insurance.
Optional Coverage That Your Auto Policy Shouldn't Go Without in Weirton, WV
Your auto policy will come standard with minimum limits of liability, and that's it. All other coverages are optional and will need to be manually added. Talk with a local adviser to review your coverage. In the meantime, check out some options:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. Nationally, there are 13.0% uninsured drivers and 10.1% in West Virginia.
- Gap coverage: This pays for the difference in your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: This will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Comprehensive coverage: This will pay for property damage to your vehicle that is hit by an unavoidable object.
- Collision coverage: This pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Rental car coverage: This will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
Car insurance will need to be adequate to avoid paying out of pocket. When you have an accident, the right policy can make all the difference. Speak with a Weirton independent agent to ensure your coverage is sufficient.
Ways to Save on Your Weirton, WV, Car Insurance
You may be wondering how to get lower rates on your car insurance. Carriers look at a variety of factors. An independent agent can show you which areas to improve for better savings. Check out rating factors the insurance companies use below:
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- The coverages you choose
- Catastrophes reported
- Local crime rates
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your motor vehicle record (MVR)
While you can control a few items that affect your rates, theft isn't one of them. In the meantime, let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.9
- West Virginia average: 139.5
- Weirton average: 43.1
Another way to cut costs is by bundling. When you bundle your auto and home insurance, you'll save big. Carriers award a 30% discount or more for putting coverage with the same company. Discuss this and more ways to save with an independent agent.
How to Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Weirton, WV
When you're searching for a car insurance policy that won't break the bank, an independent insurance agent can help. They have several carriers, providing options on coverage and premium. Since they work on your behalf for free, they'll do the shopping for you.
When you're tired of looking for coverage on your own, partner with an adviser. To get matched with one of the local experts in West Virginia, go to TrustedChoice.com. You can use the find-an-agent tool to get connected.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.